It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
(male)

ohioulacey HB User
Is it possible to test positive for HIV after one year?

I had unprotective receptive anal intercourse back in 11/26/11. Did not know him. My symptoms were 3.5 weeks, sore throat that lasted a couple of days with nasal congestion. at 4.5 weeks, had one vomiting episode. At 5.5 weeks, cold sores and fatigue. No fever or chills. When I was suggested to get tested for HIV, I about lost it. Went into major stress mode. Blood test (Western Blot) came back negative at 6 weeks. That is when the symptoms really started to take off. recurrent canker sores, headaches, depression, anxiety, terrible fatigue, loss of appetite and weight, joint and muscle pain all over, stiff, painful neck, pain under the ears and along the jaw. some night sweats. After about 2.5 to 3 months or so I developed what I believe was thrombocytopeia, some blood while brushing my teeth and blood in my nose, some unusual bruising. Went to the emergency room in March, blood counts came back fine, vitals were fine, chest xrays fine. The Dr. didn't think I had swollen lymph nodes. I never thought so either even though not sure what I am looking for. When I feel my neck, I feel a ropy structure that moves and I assume it is a tendon. Came down with bronchitis, sinus infection in April. 3 month swab test was negative and 4.5 blood test was negative. It seems like I have been sick since this nightmare started. I tested negative at 6 months. I started taking a multivitamin in the summer The symptoms started getting better since 6 months, but I still think I am having reoccurent fevers, upper respiratory tract infections/fatigue and sometimes blood when I brush my teeth. I still have this stiff/painful neck with some dizziness. I decided to get a one year test and a couple of weeks before the test I started taking a 500mg vitamin C supplement and I started to feel at least better than I ever have. Still am having some fatigue and neck pain/stiffness with some minor digestive problems that come and go. The oral swab test after one year came back negative 11/26/12. I know they say that ARS symptoms does not last more than a couple of weeks, but these symptoms have been going on for months on end. I want this all to be over. Am I worrying too much? Is it somehow humanly possible to still test positive even after one year? Is it possible for emotional problems and stress to wreck the immune system to a point that it just can’t create these antibodies. In the meantime, I have been going through a divorce this whole time and difficulty at work as well as financial issues. The tests are giving me the result I want, but my symptoms are telling me otherwise. Sorry this post is so long. Thanks, Kevin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Is it possible to test positive for HIV after one year?

Any test at 3 months is conclusive. You have tested enough times to confirm your status. You certainly dont have HIV

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Closed Thread