It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 03:12 AM   #1
(female)

Posh82 HB User
HIV Negative in 5 weeks but i am having fever

Hi all, it’s my first time posting here, I am in panic and so much stressed I need help. I engaged myself in unsafe sex with a man, whom I learned that his wife died of HIV 4 years ago. He told me about the death of his wife the first day we met and he told me he died of cycle cell-anemia… I stupidly believed him, yes I know I wasn’t supposed to believe him. I first slept with him on 01st October, he ejaculated inside, again on 05th October and he ejaculated outside… After the last exposure on 05th October he insisted that he wants to have a baby with me so he insisted we go for HIV test, but before we went for a test few days later I came to realize that he was a liar as he was almost getting married to another woman, since then we stopped seeing each other. He got married on 27th October. One day, 06th November I was talking with my colleague at work that seemed to know him well and one of them said his first wife died of HIV, I panicked and started calling my close friends and told them, I also called the guy and asked why he did that, he said he is not positive, he said he is 120% sure that if I go to test I will be negative, he even said he is ready to go for a test with me, well I didn’t want to listen to any more of his lies…. on next day 07th November I called one of his relative and said its true his wife died of HIV, I asked my friend to accompany me to a health care for a test, if you count you will see that’s 34 days, meaning 5 weeks after last exposure. The test came out negative, The counselor told me to stop worrying as five weeks enough to detect infection but I am going again for a second test in 3 months, now I have something like fever for past one week, not high but my head aches sometimes, i dont have flu but my body temperature is not normal and I feel kind of weak, I haven’t rested for the past one month thinking and thinking, last week went to test for other viral infections as I noticed few black spots under my right armpit after shaving, I was worried but I tested negative for viral infections, i put some cream and spots have gone. Should I relax with my five weeks negative rapid test?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2012, 03:50 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: HIV Negative in 5 weeks but i am having fever

A 5 week negative test is a very good indication of your status. Most people will serconvert by 6 weeks. Only your 3 month test can confirm your status.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 12-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
(male)

maverick55 HB User

I have heard that tests are 90-95% accurate after 4 weeks. I think you're fine, but you should definitely get tested again after the window period of 3 months

Old 12-02-2012, 04:11 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

You shouldn't believe rumors about other people's status- they are usually nor true.

You should learn from this scare (yes I believe it is only a scare) and always wear condoms in the future with partner's who have unknown HIV status.

Not to be pedantic, but people don't die from HIV, they die from AIDS (its associated opportunistic infections and cancers) which is a progression of HIV disease.

Last edited by joggen; 12-02-2012 at 04:12 AM.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #5
(female)

Posh82 HB User

Thank you all for your encouraging words, i will go test again in January to get my conclusive results. Joggen, its true sometimes people judge others without knowing the cause of death, not so sure but possibly it wasnt aids that killed his wife, by the way i forgot to say that the guy threatened to sue me if i will insist he has AIDS... Thanks pals.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:53 AM   #6
(female)

Posh82 HB User
Lightbulb Re: HIV Negative in 5 weeks but i am having fever

Hi, thanks for your concern again. I went for another test yesterday, it was rapid test called determine...I don’t remember the name, my three months are due at 28th Dec but I couldn’t sleep for the past two months so since its 10 weeks now since my last exposure and with all the symptoms of fever and a bit of morning fatigue and a raised pimple on my chest I said I should go and check again, the nurse told me all my symptoms were because of my fears or other infections, she tested again and it was negative. For the first time since two months ago yesterday I could sleep in peace atleast, not so much sure as I will have to go again at a 12 mark period (2 weeks from now) but I hope my results won’t change. Thanks Apollo and Joggen for being there. I have learnt my lesson from this.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:45 AM   #7
(female)

Posh82 HB User
Unhappy Re: HIV Negative in 5 weeks but i am having fever

so as i said i tested negative at 10 weeks and i thought i should relax but this extreme fatique and low grade fever is killing me, its now 16 weeks since exposure and i am still showing these symptoms, two days ago i went to a medical clinic and did cbc and it showed that my white blood cells have raised a bit and the doctor said it can be caused by infection. Since then i cant stop crying and i cant get out of bed feeling even weaker, sad and depressed. What should I do, please help, i am even scared to test again because of these cbc results...

Old 01-26-2013, 03:57 AM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

You 10 week test very much confirms your status. If you took a test now it would be negative for sure. Your symptoms are typical of an infection, but its certainly not from hiv that is certain. what ever you may be thinking, in regards to how youf feeling and hiv is incorrect.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
Posh82 (01-26-2013)
Old 01-26-2013, 04:04 AM   #9
(female)

Posh82 HB User

Thank you sooo much Apollo for always being here for us.. The doctor prescribed T.Prednisolon, I am still thinking if i should take them or not. Do you think i should go for another HIV test or just find out what may be causing this extreme fatique. Please dont get tired answering our questions, you dont know how many lives you and all other facilitators on this site are changing.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:22 AM   #10
Facilitator
(male)

Thank you for the very kind words posh

You should take the medication from the doctor, he has given it to you for a very good reason and hopefully you will feel better when you have. That medication is used for many conditions but in your case it will help fight off an infection, if indeed you have one.Dont forget that stress can make you ill and certainly give you fatigue. Its not uncommon that people with stress and certainly depression find it hard to even get out of bed.

Well the cdc still say a 12 weeks test is required to confirm your status, but i have never heard of a 10 week changing, so do the test for confirmation but belive in yourself that you are negative. I think once your over this you will certainly start to feel a whole lot better.

I hope that helps.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #11
(female)

Posh82 HB User
Smile Re: HIV Negative in 5 weeks but i am having fever

Hi every one who by chance might have passed here and read my story. I have come back to give you the last feedback that I am NEGATIVE. I actually didnt wait for three months only but FIVE MONTHS. Yesterday 19th March I went for my final testing and I got the good news, The nurse was surprised because she said after my 10 weeks results I had no reason to test again, but due to the persistent fatigue that I am still having and the abnormal WBC results I had to go and test again. After the HIV results I went to the clinic for my blood work again and i found out everything is back to normal, my WBC which was once 12m/mm cubic dropped to 8.86 which is within range (4.0 -10.0), so i guess i just had an infection which went away with antibiotics, all other counts were normal.
My advise to all the worried ''WELLS'' like me, GO TEST.. whatever is going through your body might just be as minor as a bacterial infection.. I have got my life back, You can also get yours... Now GO!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Posh82 For This Useful Post:
Apollo123 (03-20-2013)
Old 03-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #12
Facilitator
(male)

Fully agreed with everything you said, and thank you for coming back to update us.

Take care.

The following user gives a hug of support to Apollo123:
Posh82 (03-20-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
Posh82 (03-20-2013)
Old 03-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #13
(female)

Posh82 HB User
Thumbs up Re: HIV Negative in 5 weeks but i am having fever

Thank you soo much Apollo for your encouragement... The world need people like you to make it feel like a better place. I have made this board my home and I will always come here time to time to encourage others as I am a living testimony. Thank you.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #14
Facilitator
(male)

Im not sure we the world needs more of me lol, but thank you again for the kind words again.

Fully agree, posters who worry about symptoms should always stick to facts, they never lie.

Closed Thread