It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
(male)

Cal437 HB User
Am I at risk?

I'm probably going to go into too much detail, but I feel like that will be the only way that I'll feel good about the answer...

About two weeks ago I hooked up with a guy, and we talked about STD's/HIV and he said that he was negative and recently tested, but who believes people when they say that?..

Anyways, here is what I am concerned about.
1. He was rubbing his unprotected penis against my anal-area (including my anus) and may have pressed against my "entrance" firmly a couple of times - there was no penetration, but his penis was lubed up and the very tip of it may have pressed against/into it, but definitely not the actual head of his penis, just the very tip. I do not remember him having any pre-*** while we were jerking each other off, but it may have been present while he was rubbing against me.
2. I am a little confused if this would be considered "frottage" because it was penis-to-anus rubbing, or if it would be considered "dipping" - I am a little confused at what the distinction is. From my understanding, "dipping" is actual insertion of the penis into the anus without protection for a brief period of time (which I do not think describes what happened in my situation because there was no penetration).
3. This isn't the most comfortable fact to share, but I do occasionally have hemorrhoids, and while I do not know if they were bleeding or not, would this make the situation more risky, or does it not matter? Like I said, we never exchanged bodily fluids - he ejaculated on his chest, and me on mine, and I don't know if there was pre-*** or not.

Now I have read your forum quite a bit, and I understand that HIV cannot be transmitted between two people outside of the body, but I guess I am just wondering if those "firm pushes" against my anus would be considered inside or outside...

Thanks in advance, and sorry for all the detail but I didn't want to have to add more after someone answers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User
Re: Am I at risk?

As a gay man, here is what you need to know to protect yourself from HIV: if there is no penetration of a bare penis inside an anus, there is absolutely no HIV risk- none, zilch, nada, zero. Since you yourself have indicated there was no penetration, your situation is absolutely no risk for HIV infection. The details of your post are irrelevant, it all boils down to your words "THERE WAS NO PENETRATION".

Last edited by joggen; 12-07-2012 at 08:38 PM. Reason: added "bare"

Old 12-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #3
(male)

Cal437 HB User

So even the firm pushing + hemorrhoids isn't anything to worry about?

Old 12-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggen View Post
as a gay man, here is what you need to know to protect yourself from hiv: If there is no penetration of a bare penis inside an anus, there is absolutely no hiv risk- none, zilch, nada, zero. Since you yourself have indicated there was no penetration, your situation is absolutely no risk for hiv infection. The details of your post are irrelevant, it all boils down to your words "there was no penetration".
no exceptions

Quote:
so even the firm pushing + hemorrhoids isn't anything to worry about?
no!

Old 12-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
(male)

Cal437 HB User

Ba-na-nas, thanks man

Old 12-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
(male)

Cal437 HB User

Not to be pesky but you said "the details are irrelevant"...did you read them? There wasn't full penetration but I did say he had lube on his penis and pushed firmly so perhaps the very very tip pushed into the sphincter

Old 12-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

You said their was NO penetration, so no risk.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 12-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #8
(male)

Cal437 HB User

It has been a little over two weeks now and I have been experiencing diarrhea for 2-3 days...could this be ARS? I do not have a fever or swollen nodes or any other symptoms, I am freaking out.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
You said their was NO penetration, so no risk.
If you had no risk, how can anything be related?

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 12-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #10
(male)

Cal437 HB User

I took a rapid finger ***** (Uni-Gold Recombigen) test at 4 weeks and it came back negative...can that be considered conclusive? I read somewhere that you don't think these tests are very accurate at 4 weeks.

Last edited by Cal437; 12-24-2012 at 10:21 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cal437 For This Useful Post:
Almost happy (12-24-2012)
Old 12-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #11
Facilitator
(male)

You never a risk, so any test you take is accurate, understand?

Time to stop this worry now and enjoy xmas, on that note and my last post, Happy xmas chap, relax and start enjoying it.

Closed Thread