It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
(male)

depressedinpain HB User
My HIV Results came in!!

Ok so the background why I got tested was I had unprotected sex with a hiv positive male who also had aids but I did not know he had either. I broke up with him 5 years ago and randomly wanted to see how he was doing so I searched him on facebook and saw that he had died from complications with hiv/aids , I immediately went into fear and had not slept for days ! I can tell you it was the scariest experience of my life thinking of what I could have contracted. I was depressed and sad and went to get tested , this encounter took place 5 years ago and I had no protection at all I was young and stupid. I talked to the guys sister and she seemed very disappointed and told me she recently found out that he has been telling his partners that he has been clean for years to brainwash himself that he was fine. Which is not a good thing to do people if you have something you should let people around you know so you do not affect their life as well. I feared that this male could have ruined my life and my new lovers life as well. I waited my results this week and remember praying a lot and crying. I took 2 different blood tests and a mouth test and all came back negative and completely clean after 5 years. I am amazed and happy how lucky I was and am posting this so other people that are scared from infection feel they have hope. My doctor said you got really lucky and I did not contract because It was a single exposure and I was circumcised as well as the top partner. You can still contract from a single exposure I was just lucky. so My advice is always use condoms and always be safe , i know it is not fun and sucks but it is not worth the stress later. I hope my experience gives hope to those out their fearing they also have contracted. I am going to live a more healthy life and be more responsible from now on. I remember the whole time thinking of a quote that said , whatever blessings you take in life you must give something up in return. I told myself while trying to sleep awaiting my results that I will give up an addiction I have for this blessing. and what do you know it worked. If you have some addiction of any sort that is bad and need a blessing sometime or miracle try giving up that addiction in return for the blessing. It helped me from going crazy during this process.

Last edited by depressedinpain; 12-09-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread