It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
(male)

john7703 HB User
Low risk encounter but some ARS Symptoms - very concerned

Hi,

Please kindly answer my question as I am currently very anxious and even not able to sleep well.

I am a male. My encounter happened 12 days ago, and involves unprotected oral sex (she performed on me) and heavy kissing with a woman who has a very active sex life and multiple sex partners. No protected/unprotected anal or vaginal happened. Here are the things that are scaring me a lot:

1- At day 4 after the encounter, I started feeling warm sensations on my lower right leg calf for just about 2-3 seconds in every 2 hours or so. It lasted for 5 days and was almost gone at day 10.

2- At day 7, I started having a diarrhea which is not watery but was loose and had some mucus. At this point I started to worry a lot about HIV and I started having insomnia. The diarrhea lasted for 3 days, during which I also lost my appetite and lost some weight.

3- At day 11, I noticed a mild rash (6-10 small(diameter<=0.2cm) red bumps, spread through my left torso (a 20cm x 30cm area roughly). At the same time I inspected my body throughly, and also noticed 5 similar bumps in the area of lower right leg calf where I had the warm sensations.

4- At day 12 (today), I am feeling muscle ache in my left forearm and tingling and numbness in the left hand.

I watched my fever since day 7 and was never higher than 99.2 F. (Generally fluctuates between 97.6 F-99.1 F). This is probably the only good sign. I know that unprotected oral sex and heavy kissing are considered low risk but I am very anxious at this point. My questions are as follows:

- Is the warm sensations in the lower leg at day 4 (which I thought was related to a virus infection that causes peripheral neuropathy) too soon after the encounter, and can I cancel this out?

- Does the rash and diarrhea of ARS always follow a fever or happen with a fever?

- Is the diarrhea at day 7 too soon, and can I cancel it out?

- What about the rash at day 11-12?

- Should I get tested with a PCR immediately?

Thank you very much.
*A very concerned male of age 28.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Low risk encounter but some ARS Symptoms - very concerned

Oral sex and kissing are not ways of getting HIV buds. Saliva in NON infectious, so their is no way you could be at risk of HIV from this, NO WAY. As for symptoms they are pointless when talking about HIV as you can see by Kevins sticky at the top of the page. To add HIV has no specific symptoms and your are just random anyway.

Really you have nothing to worry about and you dont need to test for this. Im sure at 28 this is not your first sexual encounter of this nature, so please relax.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 12-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #3
(male)

john7703 HB User

Apollo123, thank you for your answer. I did an extensive search and it is said that kissing and oral sex involves low risk, not zero. I know the symptoms just on their own without testing is pointless, but for getting some relief, I am asking the questions about the symptoms. Can you please open-up your answer a little bit and comment on the symptoms? Do they align well with ARS?

Old 12-10-2012, 02:14 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnarkinton View Post
Apollo123, thank you for your answer. I did an extensive search and it is said that kissing and oral sex involves low risk, not zero. I know the symptoms just on their own without testing is pointless, but for getting some relief, I am asking the questions about the symptoms. Can you please open-up your answer a little bit and comment on the symptoms? Do they align well with ARS?
Kissing is zero risk, their has NEVER been any question about that. Oral sex is only theorectical on 2 factors. 1, swollowing sperm if you had just had major dental surgery and have an open socket. 2, if she had blood pouring from her mouth. As these two options did not happen, you did not have a risk.

In 30 years of study, there have been no reported cases of HIV from oral sex and that includes couples wher one partner is positive the other negative.

Now its very unlikley she even has HIV and more over, your not going to make medical history from this by being the first buds, it cannot happen, its medically inpossible.

So your symptoms cannot be down to HIV is any way or form but their is a chance of an STD from oral sex, so that may be worth testing for.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Last edited by Apollo123; 12-10-2012 at 02:18 AM.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:57 AM   #5
(male)

john7703 HB User

Guys,

I know you reassured me however, today is the 15th day and I have swollen lymph nodes in my neck and under my jaw. I am having some pressure pain when I swallow. I got tested for all other STDs they were negative.

I also got my 8th day DNA PCR results and they are negative. If my lymph nodes started reacting at 15th day, would the DNA PCR at day 8 miss the infection?

Please answer, I am very anxious. (I can relate all the other symptoms to anxiety but definitely not the lymph nodes or throat pain)

Old 12-13-2012, 01:22 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

You had no risk. Read this thread- we don't discuss symptoms here.

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/hiv-prevention/910052-hiv-cannot-diagnosed-symptoms.html

Old 12-13-2012, 01:40 AM   #7
(male)

john7703 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggen View Post
You had no risk. Read this thread- we don't discuss symptoms here.

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/hiv-prevention/910052-hiv-cannot-diagnosed-symptoms.html

joggen, I read that thank you. Can you comment on the 8th day DNA PCR? how reliable is it?

Old 12-13-2012, 02:30 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

In your case it's 100% reliable, because you never had a risk.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:32 AM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by john7703 View Post
Hi joggen,

I read that. thank you. Can you please comment on the 8 day DNA PCR? How reliable is it?
My comment is quite simple, it was a complete waste of money. If every time you have oral you then test with a pcr test, then your life is going to be very expensive.

Closed Thread