It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
(male)

manishrathi HB User
Kissing an HIV infected person

Few years back, I had seen an advertisement that AIDS spreads through blood transfusion and there is no problem in kissing HIV infected person.
Since then I have this question, does not saliva transfer from one mouth to other ? Can it not spread AIDS ?
If not, then great. But what if HIV infected person has some dental problem and some blood is coming out from gums ? (I am quite healthy orally, but still when I brush my teeth sometimes blood comes out). Can such a blood transfer not happen while kissing ? Can a person not be infected by such a blood transfer ? If yes, then are such advertisements are not misleading ? In fact are not such advertisements spreading AIDS ?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2012, 12:39 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Kissing an HIV infected person

Unless you have an open socket from a tooth being removed and the other person had pouring blood from their mouth and this would only be theorectical and not likely to happen, then you would NOT be at risk of HIV transmission. The mouth is a hostile place and with over a dozen emymes and proteins to make the virus inactive, thats why you will not be at risk of HIV.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
(male)

manishrathi HB User

So that means little bit of blood transmission from HIV infected person to a healthy person does not transmit HIV, correct ?

Now I have read stories in newspapers, that a girl was pricked with HIV infected needle in a movie theater a little bit and that girl died due to AIDS in few months. So if little bit transmission of HIV infected blood by kissing does not cause transmission of HIV in other person, then why would a little ***** of HIV infected needle cause transmission of HIV in other person ?

Thanks

Old 12-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Do you have a risk of hiv?

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 12-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Johnny803 HB UserJohnny803 HB UserJohnny803 HB User

This was very similar to a question I posed. Only I was unaware if she had bleeding gums.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #6
(male)

manishrathi HB User

Oh no. I don't have any risk of HIV.

This question was bugging me for a while. I came across discussion on this topic with friends. Nobody knows right things and everyone keeps giving scary ideas (Its like competition to scare). Most of the times people tell stories they have heard or read from some unauthentic source. Like needle story I put here, I read it in a community paper. And then try to back up their arguments with this readings.

So to get facts, I am asking same questions here and to be aware what is really scary and how to behave with someone who has HIV

Thanks for your replies.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

This forum is not for debates buds. the only thing you need to know, use condoms for sex.

Closed Thread