It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 04:40 AM   #1
(male)

john7703 HB User
My recent HIV anxiety

Hi,

I know this is a question forum, but I am not asking a question in this post. I am going to tell my recent story with hopes that this will calm people like me in the future. I almost had all the symptoms except fever, and the past 3 weeks was hell for me. It was all because of anxiety.

Let's start with what I had:
- Day 1: French kissing and unprotected rough (deep-throat included) 15 min. oral sex with a CSW. I ejaculated in her mouth.
- Day 3: Tingling in the lower right leg.
- Day 7: Diarrhea. Can't sleep, can't eat. (I took ELISA to rule out previous encounters, it comes back negative.)
- Day 8: Muscle aches, night sweats. (I took an early detection PCR test.)
- Day 10: Rash on my back. (Doctor said it is not an HIV rash later, but I thought it was!)
- Day 11: Tender neck lymph nodes.
- Day 12: PCR on day 8 comes back negative. I go to my doctor, he says I have HIV anxiety because first the symptoms seem to be happening too early, and second if the symptoms were really HIV ARS symptoms then PCR on day 8 should have caught it 99%. His reasoning is proven by research and says that PCR tests are positive just before or during ARS. Doctor orders other STD tests, they also come back negative.
- Day 13: Thrush on tong. One oral ulcer.
- Day 15: I took another PCR test, because I think I am in ARS and that this test will reveal it.
- Day 18: PCR on 15th comes back negative, I am relieved as if I am released from hell. My doctor says that if he was me, he wouldn't even bother testing, and that I definitely developed these brief symptoms due to either HIV anxiety or since the paranoia/insomnia weakened the body, I caught another disease that resulted in these symptoms.
- Day 19: All symptoms magically disappear once I got the result of the 15th day PCR.

Now, this was the story. Everybody, including people in this forum and elsewhere told me that Oral and Kissing were no risk. I didn't listen, I crawled the web for symptoms, I developed anxiety to the level that it wouldn't let me sleep. I spent a whole lot of money on 2 PCR tests, and a bunch of other tests. DON'T do the same mistake with me!!! If you have a no risk-very low risk encounter, don't search HIV symptoms, search for anxiety symptoms. And, if you will get freaked out after an unprotected oral sex like me, then well don't do it! Do that protected also. Use condoms always.

I just wanted to share my experience. Hope this helps to those people who are overly-anxious like I was.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2012, 05:21 AM   #2
(male)

Johnny803 HB UserJohnny803 HB UserJohnny803 HB User
Re: My recent HIV anxiety

Hi, my last experience was just about the same as yours. Only while I was receiving oral sex (about 2-3 mins) I stopped her since I was feeling guilty about cheating.

I myself have recently been stressing the same as you were. It's been a week since it happen and I am very worried. I do take relief in reading some posts and seeing some of the longtime member asses my risk as zero. In the back of my head the " what if's" play out.

I haven't had any issues to this point, even know its early I know. But it's good to see someone like yourself come out the other end ok gives me some hope. Thanks for sharing your story

Closed Thread