It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
(male)

extreme22 HB User
very worried and scared

so here a quick history, I went through this really bad phase , I lost my 6yr daughter
I'm a single male parent, so I was depressed so I started to sleep around,
I had sex with a friend of mine like 6 encounter then this girl I was dating
like 3 encounters and a one night stand with a old friend,

I feel so bad because I never got tested
but I made my appointment,

she started to have the flu just a week ago and still has the flu
she has really bad cough congested sore throat, but no sweating
and then now I have it dry cough sore throat and really bad headaches sweating all the time and night sweats very congested
my appointment is this week I'm just really worried
I went from wanting to die to wanting to live.
what do you think...thanks

Last edited by ModHB007; 12-16-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:13 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: very worried and scared

Well you test will confirm your status if its 3 months from a last exposure.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2012, 01:22 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi,

First please allow me to extend my sympathies for your loss; this must be very difficult for you.

On the HIV front, the only way you can establish your HIV status is through an HIV test. I wish you well with them and please let us know the results.

Kevin.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
(male)

extreme22 HB User

thanks i will be getting tested but what are the chances I'm positive?

Old 12-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme22 View Post
thanks i will be getting tested but what are the chances I'm positive?
Hi,

Buddy, this is the 64 million dollar question that everybody asks. It is not a question that can ever be answered on an internet forum and it is really not beneficial to speculate.

There are many factors at play here, not least the HIV status of the women you were with. This is a completely unknown and even if any of them had HIV, their viral load would be another completely unknown. It is a sad fact that people do get unlucky and get infected through one off exposures; on the other hand it is also a fact that people have many, many high risk exposures(your risk by the way is not extemely high) and do not get infected.

There are statistics going around the net but I personally never quote them because an HIV status is not determined by statistics. If it is of any comfort to you HIV is an extremely difficult virus to transmit from person to person and more so from a female to a male. In the entire 6 years I have been on this forum, I have literally seen thousands of scenarios, many for them low to zero risk and some of them extremely high risk. In this is entire time; I have only ever, to the best of my recollection, seen one member report a positive result.

Buddy a risk of an HIV infection does not automatically mean somebody has been infected with HIV, it means there is a risk here and many many high risk exposures still result in negative results.

So, let’s see how your results pan out and please let us know what they are.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 12-18-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #6
(male)

extreme22 HB User

thank you, I do have a question I'm just getting over a cold
do you think I should wait before I do my test?

Old 12-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Hi,

Having a cold should not affect the result of an HIV test but you should mention it and any other medical conditions you may have prior to having your test.

Kevin.

Closed Thread