It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
(male)

jibral1176 HB User
Sex with Prostitute Scared of getting HIV...

First let me start by saying that these last two weeks have been the hardest of my life. I made a great mistake that no matter the outcome will always live with me. I met up with a sex worker on December 3rd this year. Before my interaction with her I had masturbated at least 4 times that day and caused a red raw spot on my penis just below the head of it. I checked it for blood and puss and saw nothing coming from it. Later that evening I met up with the sex worker and we did a little light kissing and then had protected oral and vaginal sex. When I was done I noticed that the tip of the condom was still intact. I went to the bathroom and used a tissue and removed the condom. I then took a shower. Since then I think I have something. I have been in contact with the sex worker and she advised me that she was fully tested in October for HIV, Herpes, Hep b, etc...(All results were Negative).. I am still scared and I told her and she is offering to get tested again in a week or so mainly because she does around this time of year and because I keep blowing up her phone. On Monday I took a HIV-1 RNA test and should have results either tomorrow or Thursday... I am so nervous I am popping pills (anxiety meds) like candy....

Last edited by jibral1176; 12-18-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: No edit in the description... I submitted original post to wrong board.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Sex with Prostitute Scared of getting HIV...

Hi,

Buddy you had protected sex. HIV is not transmitted via protected sex regardless of the fact you masturbated beforehand. HIV is transmitted from a female to a male (rarely) via the urethra (the tip of the penis). So long as this is covered you are fully protected from an HIV infection.

Please take a chill pill here and stop hassling this woman. You were not in the slightest way exposed to an HIV infection even if she had HIV which from what you have posted is extremely unlikely.

And cut out popping the pills like they are candy, they are not.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 12-18-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
(male)

jibral1176 HB User

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly... I know I shouldn't keep calling her... I am just freaking... Also, I want to add that I read that kissing could cause a spread of it and that there is always a chance for micro rips in the condom... Have you seen any cased such as those?

___Results coming.. So you are saying that my test should come back negative... Since I did a HIV-1 RNA test should I do another one in about 3 months to make sure...

Last edited by jibral1176; 12-18-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: left out of previous post

Old 12-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi,

You are reading far too much rubbish online. Kissing is not a risk of an HIV infection and the rubbish about micro rips in condoms is nothing but an urban myth. There are no cases of anybody contracting HIV via kissing and protected sex, none.

Buddy, do yourself a huge favour, get off the HIV fear bandwagon, ok?

HIV is an extremely fragile virus and despite the fear it generates is extremely difficult to transmit sexually. It requires precise conditions. These conditions only exist within the confines of human body, which is the only place HIV remains infectious.

The only way HIV is transmitted, sexually, is when an unprotected penis is inside a vagina or anus. You were not in the slightest way exposed to an HIV infection, period.

And buddy, sex workers use condoms to protect themselves from you, not you from them.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 12-18-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibral1176 View Post
So you are saying that my test should come back negative... Since I did a HIV-1 RNA test should I do another one in about 3 months to make sure...
You edited your post as I replied.

You have wasted your time and money on a viral load test. These tests are NOT HIV diagnostics tests. They are marketed as early detection tests, they are not. They are tests used to monitor HIV positive patients viral loads. They are not designed, nor are they approved for diagnosing an HIV status. They are extremely sensitive and can and do return false positives (they will tell you that you have HIV when you do not) hence the reason they are never used to determine an HIV status.

You do not need to test for HIV but if you are going to test, have the correct test. That is an HIV antibody test.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 12-18-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
hiv fear