It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
(male)

riggs33 HB User
Really worried!!!

I had unprotected sex about 3 and half months ago, it was with a girl I loosely know and I would not consider her to be a HIV risk. At the time of sleeping with her I already had a rash on my back. . It was light patches of skin (as my skin is darker than white). It was not raised and did not itch at all. A week after sleeping with the girl, this spread to my neck. At this point I also had a headache and slightly swollen neck glands. I went to the doctors who looked at the rash and took some blood tests. They said everything looked ok and gave me some cream for the rash .The headache and neck glands went away after 5 days or so but over 10 weeks later the rash is still present. At the time of going to the Doctors I did not mention anything about HIV but since I have browsed my symptoms on the internet it always seems to crop up. Could this be what has caused the rash? The rash is now starting to fade but is still visible. I am also getting muscle aches or I think I am. How painful would these be and do people think I need to be concerned?

Old 12-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Really worried!!!

This board does not discuss symptoms as they cannot tell you your HIV status. As its been 3 months and after from your exposure, you can take a HIV test and get conclusive results.

Best of luck

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Really worried!!!

Hi,

An HIV status can only ever be determined by having an HIV test; it is never diagnosed by symptoms. There are sticky threads at the top of the board detailing this, please take the time to read them.

If you are concerned you may have been exposed to an HIV infection, please take an HIV test. Given the time frame involved your results will be conclusive.

Kevin.

Closed Thread