It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
(male)

midaz41 HB User
worried sick

hi, I'm really worried. about seven days ago I had protected intercourse with a female prostitute. It only lasted for a few seconds and the condom was intact. over the last few days I have developed a sore throat, general joint pain and feeling run down. it's probably a common cold or something but I'm beside myself with anxiety that I am getting HIV even though all that I have read tells me that condoms protect. please can someone provide some clarity and reassurance to me.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: worried sick

Hi,

You do not have HIV; you were not exposed to it.

I hope this provides the clarity you need.

Kevin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
(male)

midaz41 HB User

hi Kevin, many thanks for the quick reply . I know I screwed up and needed some reassurance. do you know of any statistics in relation to risk of transmission even with a condom?

Old 12-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Yep I do.

HIV has been around for 30 years and nobody, not a single person, as ever contracted HIV from having protected sex.

Kevin.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #5
(male)

midaz41 HB User

OK thanks again. Need to move on now

Old 12-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
(male)

midaz41 HB User

hi I know I'm probably been irrational but refused to have sex with my wife last night for fear of infecting her with HIV despite your advice. Made the mistake of googling the subject last night and this only added to my paranoia . Are you sure I don't need a test even though the condom was used and intact during my brief encounter? What if the prostitute I was with was HIV+? Sorry again for keeping this going. Going a bit demented over it.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

If you googled it then you also saw HIV prevention which includes USE OF A CONDOM. You used a condom therefore you prevented HIV. See how easy that is?

Old 12-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #8
(male)

midaz41 HB User

Thanks Kszan. I did qualify my post by saying that I was been irrational despite the overwhelming evidence of the efficacy of condoms in preventing HIV. I just allowed the 'other side' of the debate to put a ***** in my amour last night. Just a bit fragile at the moment and probably wanted further reassurance. Thanks

Old 12-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by midaz41 View Post
hi I know I'm probably been irrational but refused to have sex with my wife last night for fear of infecting her with HIV despite your advice. Made the mistake of googling the subject last night and this only added to my paranoia . Are you sure I don't need a test even though the condom was used and intact during my brief encounter? What if the prostitute I was with was HIV+? Sorry again for keeping this going. Going a bit demented over it.
Hi,

Buddy, HIV boards do not cater to what if scenarios. You can only be offered facts here. The facts are that you had protected sex was not exposed to HIV even if she had HIV.

Nor is there any "other side” of the debate. Protected sex protects you against an HIV infection. Let this drop, stop letting this rule and ruin your life and get on with your life, really.

Kevin.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
midaz41 (12-23-2012)
Closed Thread