It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
(male)

Gamc23 HB User
Please help me to breathe!!

I am gay, had anal sex ,me as a bottom without a Condom. He showed me that by july 2012 he was negative and I trusted him.
Our last sex was on nov 3rd . After 2 weeks I got a cold and my glands swolled and they have being swolled since then till today.
I got tested for HIV twice , one after 37 days and the other after 42 days pf the encounter with him. Bith were negative (rapid test)
My doctor told me I had just a cold and just relax, but im very nervoius about HIV. Im gerting tested next friday (8 weeks )with the oraquick home test .
1) do you think the result will change??
2)I ordered itonline, do you think thatduring the shipping, bad storage and other factors may change the quality of the test , because of temperature or humidity.??

Im very scared about testing again amd my result be postivie, should I spect a posresult?

The guy I had sex with is cut, white, and we dont live in a very popilated area, but he is very premiscous and I am sure he had sex very often,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Please help me to breathe!!

Hiya. Your 6 week test is a very good indication of your status and 99% of people will test positive at this time scale if they have hiv. Personally your over testing now. The only test that counts and really the only test you take is a 3 month test and i dont belive that will change at all.

Hope that helps.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
(male)

Gamc23 HB User

It does helps, thanks you.

We had sex 3 times, once on sept 29 and the other one on oct6th. The last one on nov 3rd. 11 1/2weeks and 9 1/2 weeks before my last test.
I got a lot of symstoms like ARS , but if they were actually of ARS then I would have tested negative,correct?

The guy is very promiscous and have sex a lot, an bareback just like he did with me, and what scares me is that in that time he may have gotten HIV.
I live in upstate NY, small town. Nearest city are ithaca or binghamton. I dont know if that helps in something.

I learned my lesson and I will never have unsafe sex again. It scared to death. Lost 10lbs because i coulndt eat at all.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

If you had ars symptoms you would have tested postive, as your last test was negative, you can be assured they were not hiv related. I know its not easy, but try not to worry. :-)

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 12-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi,

Buddy words to the wise here. What is done is done and it can never be undone, ok? Beating yoursels up will not undo it either, so please relax?

Symptoms will relieve absolutely nothing about your HIV status, as in absolutely nothing. Please stop looking, the more you look, the more you find. It will count for nothing. An HIV status is determined one way and one way only; by an HIV test.

I agree you are over testing here. Over testing does carry with it real dangers. HIV testing is not infallible, every once in a while somebody who as not got HIV will test positive. This is called a false positive. It happens, I have seen it happen and I have seen the devastation it causes. The more you test, the more you run this risk. You only need one more test at 12 weeks to confirm you status. Do yourself a huge favour don’t over keep over testing, ok?

Kevin.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
Almost happy (12-27-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
(male)

Gamc23 HB User

Ok. I wont , do you guys think my status will change untill the 12 weeks ?
I will save the home test till then, do you think it will expire or change its accurancy because of the time in a box or something like that?

I know I cant do anything about it, but im svared to death. Sorry if Im saying everything again.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi,

Buddy I have been posting on HIV boards for over 6 years now and I have never seen or even heard of a six week negative test turning positive later on. This is not to say it cannot happen, it is to say that if it does happen it is extremely rare.

Also the accuracy of your test kit will not change so long as you leave it sealed

Please mate, calm down ok? If you are having issues with anxiety and are stressed to the point of not eating you are not helping yourself. You should consider speaking to a doctor about your loss of appetite and your stress.

You need to look after yourself here. No matter what you do, you will never change the outcome of your final test so you need to start eating correctly and try, as hard as it maybe, to get out of this black hole you have dug yourself into.

It really is unlikely you have contracted HIV here and also very unlikely your results will change. Almost all HIV infections are now detected between 2 to 6 weeks. Relax, ok?

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 12-23-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #8
(male)

Gamc23 HB User

So I coulndt continue with the nerves so I got tested after 7 weeks and 6 days. Using oraquick home test and It was negative. Can I breathe or should I get tested again after 12th week? Its been13 weeks since I had sex qith the same guy for the 1st time.
I read on internet a guy that had ARS a d got tested twice and both negative and then he tested again and it was positive after 3 months. Is that truth? i mean, if it was ars according to him, then the first 2 test would have being positive!! (According to him itwas made after 1 month and after 2months) ...

Old 12-27-2012, 12:39 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

It's additional evidence that you don't have HIV, although you really didn't need the test with the 6 week test under your belt. And you're probably not helping your anxiety by putting yourself through repeated testing. As Apollo told you, 3 months after your last exposure is the only test that is conclusive.

You're really not doing yourself any favors by trolling HIV forums and reading people's accounts of when they think they seroconverted. They are not reliable. The only thing that matters is your test results, which have been negative with a high degree of accuracy and, according to most experts in the field of HIV testing, will remain negative.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #10
(male)

Gamc23 HB User

Hi guys
I have a question for you guys.
So my doctor (actually my uncle) he told me to take 2pills a day for 4 days of claricort (loratadine 5mg and Betamethasone *steroids* o.25mg per pill) for my allergies and my swollen glands. So I was taking it and then It hit me , can that pill change my Upcoming HIV test results ???

Old 12-31-2012, 01:00 AM   #11
Facilitator
(male)

The medicion will have no effect on your tests, best of luck.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:12 AM   #12
Facilitator
(male)

False positives are quiet common. They happen for many reasons but a second antibody test and a follow up if required with a wb test will confirm a status.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #13
(male)

Gamc23 HB User

Hello!
I got tested after 9 weeks since my last exposure with the guy.
Tested negative. Is Good right?
The first time I had sex with him was 14 weeks ago, and the last 9 weeks, so the chances of having hiv reduce a lot ,right!!?

Old 01-07-2013, 12:45 AM   #14
Facilitator
(male)

Hiya. A test at 9 weeks is not going to change, well i have never known a case and dont belive you will be the first. Your 3 month test should have little to worry about.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #15
(male)

Gamc23 HB User

I got tested after 10 weeks and 4 days (74 days) , negative for the 5th time.
should i forget all this stuff behind or should I retrst again?

Closed Thread