It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
(female)

Mel259 HB User
Hiv Anxiety

Hey guys, I wanted to talk to someone, I guess writing in a forum isn't exactly talking to another person but I hope someone can help me in some kind of way. I'm 19 years old, Ive slept with 6 boys, 3 of them unprotected, but I was in a relationship with everyone of them and I do trust them. I have a tattoo on my neck and two weeks after it my lymph nodes swell up and i had a throat problem, which my doctor said was strepthroat. I never thought about it again until I moved to England from my homecountry and I couldnt stop thinking about the tattoo and the strepthroat after it. I started crying everyday, literally crying on the floor and screaming with fear, I lost some of my friends and I almost ruined my relationship with my boyfriend. the tattoo was done 5 and a half months ago and I had a negative HIV test yesterday. I felt good after the test, but then thoughts that it was wrong started to crawl in my mind, I just feel like im falling apart and I dont know how to handle this fear, I havent faced a fear like this or any kind of anxiety in my life up until now. I really feel like im alone with these obssesive thoughts and I feel like my life is revolving around them. Has anyone experienced this?

Last edited by Mel259; 12-28-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Hiv Anxiety

Hi,

You have needlessly worked yourself up. Having a tattoo is absolutely not a risk of an HIV infection, regardless of whatever rubbish you may have read online. HIV is an extremely fragile virus which only ever remains infectious within the confines of the human body, once exposed to air it becomes non-viable ( non-infectious). It is a myth, quite a common one, that a needle will pose a risk of an HIV infection. The ONLY way a needle could pose the slightest risk of an HIV infection is if blood is drawn into top air tight syringe on top of it and then, immediately, injected directed into the blood stream of somebody else. This does not happen within a tattoo parlour.

Your test is conclusive; your tattoo experience did not infection you with HIV.

And, on a side note, regardless of whom you trust and whatever they say having unprotected sex with anybody whose HIV status you do not know poses a far higher risk. Use condoms, ok?

You have not got HIV. By having a tattoo, you were not even exposed to it.

Kevin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2012, 05:34 AM   #3
(female)

Mel259 HB User

thanks a lot for the response!

Old 12-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokecalledkev View Post

And, on a side note, regardless of whom you trust and whatever they say having unprotected sex with anybody whose HIV status you do not know poses a far higher risk. Use condoms, ok

i see that you are young,
please keep this thought in your mind!

condoms will protect you against HIV
other people will not,
reguardless of how much you trust them!
i learned this the hard way,do not make the same mistake that i did.
good luck

The following user gives a hug of support to smiteler:
Mel259 (12-29-2012)
Old 12-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #5
(female)

Mel259 HB User

thanks a lot guys, yeah youre right about the trust thing, it was a stupid thing to say but nonethelss those were contacts way past two months ago and the test being done two days ago think should be enough. i really appreciate you taking the time to answer my thread, i thought nobody would react. <3

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, disorder, fear, hiv