It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 04:28 AM   #1
(male)

anxiously HB User
am i at risk of HIV? please help

hi, i'm circumcised 24 yo male
2 months ago i had protected genital sex with unprotected oral sex with a girl that i met in the internet, she had active coldsore on her lip. i didn't know that time that it is caused by herpes ..

i got Urethral infection with conjunctivitis after two weeks ( the doctor didn't know what bacteria or virus is causing this) there was no blisters or any clear signs of herpes, i didn't have cold sore or anything just tingling pain and burning during urination

after 1 week and half of antibiotic course i started to feel better

the girl now suffers from recurrent fever for almost 1 month and 20 days and she was diagnosed with upper respiratory tract infection due to mycoplasma bacteria, with normal chest x-ray, i also remember on the next day after sex, we were together and she bleed from the position of he cold sore, it means that it bursted.

i did test for HAV HBV HCV HEV , and all came out negative
yesterday after 65 days of possible exposure i made an Elisa antibody hiv test and it came out negative, they don't have rna, dna pcr test in where i'm living at now (China) ..

is that result enough, because i read on the internet that i should wait for 3 months to 6 months to make sure, but i'm just sooo worried?

is there a risk of getting hiv from oral sex specially the fact that she was carrying STD on her mouth and that she is having recurrent fever now????

i haven't developed fever or other symptoms, i just feel tired mostly, and i also feel some throat pain and flu like symptoms that comes and goes.

can i go back to my wife, or wait for another 4 weeks to make sure, i can't explain to my wife, i moved to another city ?? i'm seriously worried
PLEASE HELP

Last edited by anxiously; 12-30-2012 at 04:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2012, 05:30 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: am i at risk of HIV? please help

I wonder who else had a post just like this, but anyway yes you are fine.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 12-30-2012, 05:54 AM   #3
(male)

anxiously HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
I wonder who else had a post just like this, but anyway yes you are fine.
this is my first post in this forum, i never posted such question or any similar ones in this forum or this website.

i'm just so worried because i did a long term research of almost month and a half and all talk about risk through unprotected oral sex specially if she had cold sore, cuts or lesions on her mouth, (i'm not sure about cuts or leisions in her mouth) but i'm pretty sure about the cold sore.

secondly most websites and doctors suggest to wait for 3 months. do you think 65 days is enough?

m i at risk? website say low risk, but that still means a risk what if i'm in that low part? what if she had high viral load etc?

i didn't get your answer though do you mean i can get back to my wife?

i'm sorry for taking your time to read all this , i'm just so worried, i'm waiting for your suggestions.
would be happy to hear other friends replies too ....

Last edited by anxiously; 12-30-2012 at 05:58 AM.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:20 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Somone else had near enough the same post, infact the same, with the final question, can i go back to my wife and i was trying to think who it was so you could read that thread.

Anyway its simple, oral sex is not a risk of HIV transmission. The saliva is non infectious, hence why kissing is not a risk. So you have nothing to worry about, its as simple as that.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 12-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #5
(male)

anxiously HB User

Thanks Apollo for the quick reply

however i think my situation is quite different from most of people who have posted about oral sex risk here, the fact is that i got an STD from this, the doctor thought it's chlamydia and other doctor said it's not chlamydia since there was no clear discharge from penis so it's NGU urethral infection.
isn't that supposed cause a co infection??? that's what makes me worried the most

and i'm wondering what if my penis touched on the canker sore, or directly on a cut that is in her mouth before it mixed with the saliva, wont that cause a risk???????
plus i have pharyngitis more than once , i could touch with my tongue the sores, and my lymphoid on my throat is larger, went to the doctor and gave me antibiotics, i didn't get them and it just went away the second day but again it came back now
it goes for a day and comes back the other day,

is 65 days of negative antibody test enough

Old 12-31-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

If you had an std you would have tested postive for it, they dont guess?

However it matters not, your test proves you dont have hiv and you were not at risk anyway, even thou you think you was, the facts prove you wasnt.

Time to enjoy the new year,

Closed Thread