It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 05:26 AM   #1
(male)

2scared2die HB User
I am so scared

Bisexual male here. I'm a male and 4 weeks ago I had protected anal sex. I told the person that I did not want them to ejaculate inside of me and they did not. He took the condom off and we restarted with me giving him oral. He did not ejaculate in my mouth, but at various points I could taste the precum. He performed oral on me for a couple of minutes and I tried to perform anal on him, but I could not achieve an erection.

I arrived home the next day and had unprotected sex with my female partner. The next day I developed a sore throat and mild fever 99.8. She developed a fever and felt bad. I don't think her fever ever went above 100. Her symptoms subsided, but mine did not. My soar throat persisted, but then turned into painful urinating, frequency in urinating and urgency to urinate. Some small leakage.

I immediately assumed I had contracted Gonorrhea or Chlamydia, so I went to the doctor and they did a urine test for Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, and blood test for Hep A B and HIV. Everything came back negative. I went to the emergency a week later as I was still having the pain urinating. I forgot to mention the sore throat to them as I was really focused on the painful urination. They re-tested for gonorrhea and Chlamydia in my urine and it still came back negative.

The doctor at the ER mentioned Reiter's Syndrome to me. This seemed to fit to a T with some of the symptoms I was experiencing. About 6 days after my initial sore throat the painful urination started, but my eye also developed conjunctivitis. I started experiencing knee pain and pain under my feet. I made the big mistake of googling Reiter's Syndrome and a few of the Article's said that it can be a complication of HIV. I was freaking out, but then I read another article that says that they did a study with 300 + HIV positive men and 700 + HIV neg and found no increase in percentage of Reiter's in HIV positive individuals. So at this point I don't know what to think.

So fast forward to the past few days (4 weeks since my encounter) My sore throat is getting worse and I am now convinced that I am suffering from acute seroconversion syndrome. I feel random swelling behind my right knee and possibly in my right abdomen.

I went to the hospital yesterday because my throat was bothering me so bad. I explained briefly my encounter and the doc immediately started me on 4 shots of antibiotics and gave me a prescription for other antibiotics. They did a full STD workup and now it's just me going insane waiting.

One part of me is saying well possibly it could be a Gonorrhea or Chlamydia infection of the throat or maybe some other bacteria, but the other part of me is convinced that I have HIV.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited by 2scared2die; 12-30-2012 at 05:29 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2012, 05:35 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: I am so scared

You never had a risk of hiv, from protected sex ( or oral sex ) with the other male. Best of luck resolving your health issues.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 12-30-2012, 05:44 AM   #3
(male)

2scared2die HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
You never had a risk of hiv, from protected sex ( or oral sex ) with the other male. Best of luck resolving your health issues.
Thanks for responding so fast. I keep playing the what if game. What if the condom broke inside, what if he really did ejaculate inside of me and there was a hole in the condom. I know some of these are irrational. I assume of the condom broke that I would have noticed when I looked.

I e-mailed him a week after it all started and said he should get tested. He responded back a few days later saying he got tested and they called back and said everything was fine, but I don't know this person and he could be lying.

I wouldn't be worrying so much, but my GF started complaining a couple weeks after of tender breasts, then the next day painful armpits. Then the past few days she's complaining about extremely pain under her feet and of course yesterday she was like " I think I pulled a groin" I'm having pain in between my vagina and groin. So of course this adds more fuel to my fire and it convinces me that I am 100% infected.

Thanks for listening, without people like you I probably would lose my mind more then I am now.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:54 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

If the condom broke then you would have known. All this is a coincidence and the guilt is making it worse mate. The facts are simple, protected sex is safe from HIV

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Closed Thread

« A question? | Hiv »