It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #1
(male)

jj27 HB User
is there any rist of HIV? I'm flipping out

sorry to make a new thread, some of the questions are answered on others but I'm really worried about this right now. I'm bisexual, I've had sex with 5 guys. anal sex was always protected (even then I'm paranoid that the condom split or didn't function). My real concern is with oral sex, when i brush my teeth i sometimes get little bit of blood from brushing too hard. nobody ever ejaculated in my mouth, so is there a chance of infection from pre *** or from kissing or anything? From what I am reading the chances are none/minimal? But I can't help worrying that I was the one in a million unlucky one. I will get tested in 3 months time, but for now your expert advice will stop me going mad over this. p.s. i don't know that any of them had HIV anyway, but just assuming they were is there any risk

Old 01-01-2013, 05:01 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: is there any rist of HIV? I'm flipping out

Their have been many studies carried out with couples gay and straight where one partner is HIV positive. In all the studies over many years their was not one case of HIV transmission. The mouth is a very hostile place with over a dozen emyzmes and protiens that make the virus inactive. Medical science has proven this and its not a debating point. ( this includes people who clean their teeth and have blood, its common, very common. )

Based on that and the fact HIV experts conclude that oral sex is not a valid way of HIV transmission in typical exposures.

so,

do you need to test for HIV, no. You are at risk of std's and you should test for them. If you want peace of mind then take a HIV test and get the answer you need if your paranoid about it.

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2013, 05:19 AM   #3
(male)

jj27 HB User

Thank you very much for the quick and informative response, that really puts me at ease and I feel so much better now. I will still get tested in a few months just to remove that last lingering doubt in that back of my mind. I guess the nature of the virus (no cure) makes people super paranoid about it. Thanks again, happy new year.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
(male)

jj27 HB User

Hi, I know your response was conclusive but I can't get this out of my mind. I've read some other reports that say there is a minimal risk with giving oral sex. I brushed my teeth about 1 and a half/2 hours before, and there was small amounts of blood. I gargled and spat out after and there was a little blood in about 3 spits and then nothing after. Bearing this in mind is there any risk whatsoever or 100% zero? Sorry don't want to sound offensive as if I don't trust your information, I am just so anxious right now

Also is there any risk at all from giving anilingus? I know I'm being paranoid, I'm telling my self cmon listen to the fact you don't have to worry, but I keep fearing I could start developing symptoms in 2-4 weeks and it seems like an eternity to wait that long or even some months for a test. thank you very much

Old 01-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Nothing you have added is a risk or creates a greater risk than before.

Oral sex hiv transmission is only theroretical. The potential risk comes from this.

1. If you had a tooth just take out and had a lot of sperm in your mouth and it got into the socket. of course its still unlikley to be a problem due to all the saliva in the mouth.

2. Somone had just had a tooth taken out and gave you oral sex with blood dripping from his mouth, but again this is only theroretical.

As this was not the case, their is no risk.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 01-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
(male)

jj27 HB User

Thank you Apollo, your confidence in your answer really helps ease my anxiety but still don't think it will disappear until I get a clear test but I will just have to deal with that in the meantime.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #7
(male)

jj27 HB User

is it true that seroconversion cold/flu like symptoms does NOT include stuffy/blocked nose? Sorry I know you already answered my questions and I completely accept that I did not put myself at risk but for some reason for last 2 days I woke up very calm and through the day just get more and more anxious and brain going into overdrive with irrational thoughts.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

You have a cold, its common :-)

Old 01-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #9
(male)

jj27 HB User

hi me again...

well i was really calm and had pretty much stopped worrying about this. after a week or so of a cold i got a sore throat and a cough. i wasn't concerned because i was coughing up phlegm which i read isn't anything related to seroconversion. yesterday i developed the feeling of a lump in my throat every time i swallowed which made me think about all this again. after research i diagnosed it as globus sensation which can be caused by a lot of things but mainly anxiety (which i had) and constant clearing of the throat (which i was doing). it's better today and i think it will go soon which relaxes me. today i felt as if my left armpit was swollen/very slight pain which made me freak out although this seems to have died down during the day. now i noticed some possible rashes and skin feels itchy everywhere although don't know if it's just me being paranoid. a couple hours ago there was a red mark on my neck although that has since disappeared it seems. on the back of my shoulder i feel 2 or 3 small spots close to each other. on my stomach there is just 2 very small red dots.

i know you don't comment on symptoms but really freaking out about this atm. just have some questions. is that globus sensation anything that occurs sometimes with seroconversion? i haven't read about that. is the swollen armpit anything to worry about? i have an infection since i am coughing lots of phlegm, and i read lymph nodes will swell during infection. also is these rashes sound anything like seroconversion rash? would there be just one rash or could there be a few/many in different places? also if there was a rash would it be large or could it be just 2 small spots there? and finally, when i felt my armpit was a bit swollen i was thinking '****, what if i get a rash next' and was worrying about that. is it possible that when you stress about a particular symptom or symptoms that this can actually cause you to show these symptoms? i know you can also get some rashes through anxiety as well but i never had them before.

sorry mate a lot of questions and probably being annoying but your responses really helped me last time and can't concentrate at work right now! have my driving test tomorrow and dont know if i'll be able to focus on that lol.

Last edited by jj27; 01-15-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #10
(male)

jj27 HB User

p.s. i know you said i was never at risk in the first place, even i know this. but i don't suffer from these symptoms any time and the fact it has happened almost exactly after 2 weeks just makes me very scared.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #11
Facilitator
(male)

As our comments dont help then the only logical way to resolve your concern is to take a hiv test.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #12
(male)

jj27 HB User

it does help but this swollen armpit freaked me out because i don't remember having that before. or maybe i had it but didnt think anything of it, but now because i'm paranoid i'm notocing it. i know i didn't have a risk, but because of that now i'm just freaking out that the condom got torn somehow or whatever. but yeah i know the only way is to test at 3 months.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #13
Facilitator
(male)

Well test at 6 weeks for your sanity not for a medical purpose.

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
jj27 (01-15-2013)
Old 01-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #14
(male)

jj27 HB User

yes i do feel like i'm going insane sometimes. thanks for your post.

Closed Thread