It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
(male)

Hidden1 HB User
Am I at risk?

So at the beginning of the year, I had unprotected oral sex with another man and I swallowed his semen. Unfortunately, I am no longer in contact with him so I don't know his status.

After a couple of days, I had an extremely sore throat and night sweats. This actually went away for the most part in a day.

After this, I had unprotected anal sex about a month after with another man. He has since recently been tested and his result was negative.

However, what keeps me doubting is that I got sick a month after the unprotected oral sex. My symptoms were extreme numbness, dizziness, and difficulty to form ideas/sentences at times.

Next, I've been more tired than usual this year and have also had episodes where I get extremely dizzy and nauseous to the point where I begin trembling.

Also, during the summer, I began seeing this guy and we had unprotected oral sex multiple times. After a month, he got sick with a sore throat, a slight fever, and nausea.

Do you think I'm at risk from the first exposure? or do these symptoms and episodes point to something else?

Old 01-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Am I at risk?

Hi,

The only act you engaged in that carries a risk of an HIV infection is unprotected anal sex, oral sex does not carry a risk of an HIV infection.

Given that you have posted the person you engaged in anal sex with had an HIV test over three months after this act and tested negative and also on the assumption that you know for certain that this result is valid, it is reasonable to say that you have not contacted HIV from anything you have described.

You should never trust your HIV status to assumptions, posts on internet forums and somebody else’s says so. Your HIV status is your responsibility, it is down to you and you alone to protect it and ensure that you never put yourself at a risk of an HIV infection.

To do this is very simple, use condoms. Never engage in unprotected anal and /or vaginal sex with anybody who's HIV status you do not know.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 01-01-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
hiv, hiv prevention