It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 12:09 AM   #1
(male)

Airesoy HB User
Depressed needing ADVICE

Hello I am 20 male, gay from the United States. I have been reading a couple of post's off this forum it is sad too see so many of us gay people be on this HIV fear boat. It makes me feel sad.. I have seen some answers but I guess I wont be at ease until I post my own question. I made a foolish mistake around June. I got sexually active with a guy I had just met. He gave me a BJ that lasted for about 15 minutes so it was pretty long IDK if that adds to the risk. 2 weeks later I got some hiv symptoms but I didn't think much of it.

SYMPTOMS WERE : vertigo, stomach pains, skin rashes, POUNDING HEADACHES, and swollen armpits.

Soon the symptoms left only leaving skin rashes, the rashes have continued since exposure.

A while ago I decided I should test for std's at the local clinic, 2 weeks past and I revisited the doctor for my results and I was negative in the common std's. What he said was I should test for HIV now since rashes are a major symptom of HIV. I didn't think much of it and said I don't think that is the problem and declined the test. But now that I have been doing my research it is true I might Have it. I am so scared right now, I haven't been able to sleep. I feel my world collapsing on me. It is very possible I have contracted HIV due to the fact I was negative in the std tests yet I had all those symptoms. I am a virgin but have had oral sex.

HERE IS MY MAJOR QUESTION,

DO YOU BELIEVE I HAVE BEEN INFECTED?

AND would symptoms that were being showed 2 weeks after being infected be the same through the infection? Or would they have stopped and not returned? My rashes have been the same since 2 weeks after exposure, no change

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2013, 12:50 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Depressed needing ADVICE

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Well HIV has no specific symptoms, so you so called symptoms are typical of many things including stress and anxiety.

As for your risk zero - period. In a basic term, all he has done is kiss your penis not your mouth and as your aware, HIV is not passed on via kissing because HIV is not active in salvia. So you cannot be at risk of HIV and thats not a debating point its a fact.

Before you say " what about the symptoms", no idea mate, you need to work with your doctor on that and maybe a better doctor if you have made it clear you have not had unprotected sex and he belives you could be at risk of HIV from what you did.

Best of luck resovling your health issues.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 01-03-2013, 01:57 AM   #3
(male)

Airesoy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post

Well HIV has no specific symptoms, so you so called symptoms are typical of many things including stress and anxiety.

As for your risk zero - period. In a basic term, all he has done is kiss your penis not your mouth and as your aware, HIV is not passed on via kissing because HIV is not active in salvia. So you cannot be at risk of HIV and thats not a debating point its a fact.

Before you say " what about the symptoms", no idea mate, you need to work with your doctor on that and maybe a better doctor if you have made it clear you have not had unprotected sex and he belives you could be at risk of HIV from what you did.

Thank you for a easy to understand reply. I know I may we

Old 01-03-2013, 02:01 AM   #4
(male)

Airesoy HB User

Quote:

Thank you for a easy to understand reply. I know I may seem a bit paranoid but for months iv gone through the same symptoms. I figured it was an std but now that I know it's not I'm thinking the worst. It can't be HIV..

Old 01-03-2013, 02:47 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Hiya. Its certainly possible to get an std from oral sex and well done for getting tested on that. As that was negative you can now rule those out. HIV is certainly a none starter, so again thats somthing you dont have to worry about, although its natural to concider it, but beassured, you dont have to worry about that.

If your still feeling unwell i would certainly see the doctor again, but it does sound like symptoms of stress.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 01-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #6
(male)

Airesoy HB User

Quote:
Hiya. Its certainly possible to get an std from oral sex and well done for getting tested on that. As that was negative you can now rule those out. HIV is certainly a none starter, so again thats somthing you dont have to worry about, although its natural to concider it, but beassured, you dont have to worry about that.

If your still feeling unwell i would certainly see the doctor again, but it does sound like symptoms of stress.
Yes well so long as it is not HIV. Can you explain to me the chances of getting HIV from giving oral? Also the chance of contracting from breast feeding and getting a tatto with a reused needle? These are just things I'm wondering.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

From oral, zero.
Breast feeding? Arnt you a little old As a baby their is a risk due to immuine system, an adult zero risk
Needles only a risk potentialy if it was used straight away with fresh blood ( thats the medical side ) from tattoos, no risk because once exposed to air the virus becomes inactive quiet quickly.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #8
(male)

Airesoy HB User

[QUOTE=Apollo123;5111819]From oral, zero.
Breast feeding? Arnt you a little old As a baby their is a risk due to immuine system, an adult zero risk
Needles only a risk potentialy if it was used straight away with fresh blood ( thats the medical side ) from tattoos, no risk because once exposed to air the virus becomes inactive quiet quickly

Okay I see now. Thank you for you're time if I have any other question I'll ask. Good day to you Apollo

Old 01-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #9
(male)

Airesoy HB User

I will be testing tomorow with the Oralquick exam. I am worried and fear the Outcome. I will post my results tmr.

Closed Thread