It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 02:25 AM   #1
(male)

Lincoln84 HB User
In need of a risk assessment .. :(

Hi everyone , i just recently found your forum, and could not have come at a better time..
I recently had an incident which has been playing back on my mind over and over for the last few days, and looking to get some professional advice on my situation.. i will try keep this as short as possible..

I was recently with a sex worker, we had been kissing quite abit and alot of touching and i was fingering her quite abit during this time, she did not give me oral sex, and we had fully protected sex.. when i removed my condom after we had sex, i had noticed a little bit of blood on the outside.. i asked her about it, and turned out she just got her period.. my condom was intact and I feel confident that i have nothing to worry about there, but my fingers were inside her, with fresh cuts from my nail & cuticle biting which is a terrible habit i have.. and the thought only hit me once i got home...
After i did some research on google, i read that HIV can be transmitted through cracks & cuts in the skin.. ?
Do u feel i was at risk? and should i go in for testing ?
please help

Old 01-03-2013, 02:59 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: In need of a risk assessment .. :(

This is very simular to a few posts we have had in recent days, just like danzy.

Protected sex is not a risk of HIV - fact. No blood will get past the condom, so nothing to worry about.

The research you did was wasted as thats incorrect. Cracks and cuts in the skin are not a concern unless they are deep enough to enter the blood stream and for that to be the case you would have blood pouring from them, which they were not or she would not let you near her.

So to conclude, you have nothing to worry about from this exposure.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2013, 04:04 AM   #3
(male)

Lincoln84 HB User

Hi, thank you for your reply..
You have helped relieve me of stress, so thank you for that..
I did search and read up about similar events to mine in your forum,
i think the main thing that had me concerned, is that she was bleeding abit from her period, and i had cuts that were inside her.. I understand from previous posts that most people are afraid of vaginal fluids getting into their cuts, and that is not a risk.. but does it still stay risk free when menstrual blood is involved ? or is it the actual size and depth of the cut that defines the risk ?
thank you for your patience, and advice..

Old 01-03-2013, 04:20 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

As the cut is not deep enough to get into the blood stream, it means you cannot be at risk, just like having blood put on your body. That said somone has to have HIV in the first place and that is very unlikley indeed.

No one has ever got HIV from the manner you speak of, so your not likley to be the first

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 01-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #5
(male)

Lincoln84 HB User

Thank you.. Glad to hear this, and feeling so much more at ease now.
I just have a question out of interest/curiosity :
Would A cut that is significant enough for HIV to transmit through have to be one say that's deep enough to need stitching? An everyday knife cut or nick with blood is just not deep enough for HIV to transmit into the blood stream?
Not questioning your Information here.. It's really appreciated. Just asking to understand it better..
Thank you.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

It would be so deep it will not stop bleeding, so yes a stitch would be required.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Yes, you'd need a cut that requires stitches. The skin has multiple layers that keep out viruses.

Last edited by joggen; 01-03-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #8
(male)

Lincoln84 HB User

ok, understood.. well thank u for the information. I'm interested to read more about this and get more kowledge on it, but going to refrain from googling this so that i don;t run into any posts that may fuel the fire of worry ..
i appreciate your replies.

Closed Thread