It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
(male)

Airesoy HB User
test results, a bit confused

I just took the oraquick test. It came out negative. The thing is if its negative their should be a line on ttheC and no line on the T. My results were faint line on C no line on T. It is a very faint C. Do you think something went wrong? I brushed my gums a bit to hard and a bit of blood was on the swab. Could it have affected the results?

Old 01-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User
Re: test results, a bit confused

The tests are not that sensitive to the variations that you describe- if they were they would not be approved for home use. Anyway, I've heard another poster on another forum report the same thing with respect to a faint control line. You never had a risk for HIV infection and your tests prove it without a doubt.

Last edited by joggen; 01-05-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
(male)

Airesoy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggen View Post
The tests are not that sensitive to the variations that you describe- if they were they would not be approved for home use. Anyway, I've heard another poster on another forum report the same thing with respect to a faint control line. You never had a risk for HIV infection and your tests prove it without a doubt.
Joggen I am very confused. I don't know if the bit of blood could have affected to results. Also the C line was faint, that is what scares me. Their was no line on the T though. I am very confused now. I google'd pictures of OraQuick results and their is alot of photos where their are to oraquick sticks, one with a faint C line with a T line, and one Negative with a strong C line.

My C line was very faint, should I retake it or take a blood test now? Their was no T line.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

You never had a risk for HIV infection and therefore never needed to take the Oraquick test in the first place. Your purchase of the test was a waste of time and money and your continued pursuing of testing to try to figure out an HIV status that was never at risk in the first place is a waste of time. And now all that you have done by taking the Oraquick is to continue to feed your anxiety. Try to use common sense here- if a little blood from bleeding gums would affect the results, so you really think that they have approved the test for home use? Your test was negative and proves that you never had a risk from oral sex.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #5
(male)

Airesoy HB User

Quote:
You never had a risk for HIV infection and therefore never needed to take the Oraquick test in the first place. Your purchase of the test was a waste of time and money and your continued pursuing of testing to try to figure out an HIV status that was never at risk in the first place is a waste of time. And now all that you have done by taking the Oraquick is to continue to feed your anxiety. Try to use common sense here- if a little blood from bleeding gums would affect the results, so you really think that they have approved the test for home use? Your test was negative and proves that you never had a risk from oral sex.
Yes well the thing is it was a faint C line. Does that make any difference? Am I clear now? Can I move on? My main concern is the C line was faint, their was no T line at all.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #6
(male)

Airesoy HB User

Quote:
I just watched the OraQuick test video online. I was supposed to have used the swab from the back of gums to the other side. I only did a small part of my gums and I used it very lightly on the bottom gums, would this have affected my results? Should I retake this test?

Old 01-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

What part of " you didnt have a risk and didnt need to test " do you not understand?

Any discussion on the test is pointless - period.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 01-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

QUESTION: Did you have unprotected vaginal or anal sex or share IV drugs?

Old 01-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #9
(male)

Airesoy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
What part of " you didnt have a risk and didnt need to test " do you not understand?

Any discussion on the test is pointless - period.
I did not I am a virgin. I just called the hot line and they said it did not matter so long as their is no line on the T. I am feeling a bit more relived now. Thank you all

Closed Thread