It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
(female)

Amileen HB User
Unhappy Scared to death i have Hiv.

I am a 21 year old female and my "issue" started three months ago.I have had three sexual encounters which have been stressing me out that i may have gotten Hiv.

Encounter 1;Met this guy went out got drunk went back to his place had protected sex at first then later on he removed the condom, and he continued to go at it raw and stupid me i didn't stop him.

Encounter 2: This has to be the single sexual encounter i regret the most,the guy is quite promiscous and that does scare me!Anyway was at his place,gave him a blowjob he is uncircumcised and he did ejaculate in my mouth,i spit but i have to mention i had a small canker sore on the inside of my lower lip.Then there was some unprotected frottage then we had intercourse-protected he started losing his erection condom started slipping off so we stopped.

Encounter 3: Went out,met a guy went back to his place,had protected sex at first,condom slipped off and we continued for a minute or so before he noticed and he put on a new condom and we continued.
So this is the part that has been driving me crazy,SYMPTOMS!
I usually have these allergies runny nose and itchy eyes but this time around i had headaches that came ad go for a period of one to two weeks,on two nights i woke up feeling very hot and sweaty and all my toes were painful this went away after a few days,later on 1st of Jan i got a very bad cold.had difficulty breathing for a couple of minutes,took meds for that and now am better then i started experiencing pain on the side of my left breast near my armpit,after my periods started it spread to my other side and now my upper back aches too but it just comes and goes.
Today i was walking and out of nowhere my legs started aching it started with the part behind my knee but just below it and now am this numbing weird feeling on my legs-are those my lymph nodes swelling up on my armpits and legs?
I have been going crazy over this can't stop blaming myself that i have messed up my life,with just a few minutes of pleasure.I can't bring myself to go get tested i have been a wreck and my social life is taking a hit.I stand in-front of the mirror and try to convince myself that i can do it and even if i am positive i can live a healthy life,that comforts me for a few minutes then its back to worrying again. can't sleep,i have no appetite at all in general am just totally depressed.

1-Assuming i got nothing from the first guy what are the chances of me contracting Hiv from the other two assuming they are positive?
2-How do lymph nodes look and feel when swollen,and do all symptoms appear at once or one after another?Read somewhere that during seroconversion a runny nose isn't a part of it,is it true?
3-The canker sore would it be an avenue of Hiv to get into my bloodstream,what about frottage??
If someone can answer my questions i would be so grateful.xx

Last edited by ModHB007; 01-08-2013 at 12:43 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2013, 12:13 AM   #2
(male)

cuts84 HB User
Re: Scared to death i have Hiv.

1) No risk from the second encounter; neglible risk from 3rd encounter after condom slipped off. Assuming he was positive, your chances of contraction would be about 1 in 1,000 (at the most). Also, if he ejaculated inside of you, this could potentially raise the chances.
2) Don't worry about symptons because it is probably just psychological. If you aren't a doctor who is used to feeling lymph nodes on a regular basis, you probably aren't going to be able to tell if they are swollen. ARS symptoms are different for everyone but typically begin a couple weeks after exposure and can last for varying amounts of time (with varying severity). Runny nose, and cold-like symptoms in general, are not part of ARS.
3) Oral sex is pretty much considered safe sex, regardless of canker sores, etc. You would pretty much need a huge, gaping wound in your mouth for it to really raise your chances. Contraction is possible from oral sex, but you would probably have a better chance of getting struck by lightning. Frottage is not a concern.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

It is imperative that you get yourself tested. You live in a country with a high prevalence of HIV, so you should consider encounters 1 and 3 to be high risk. You can test at 3 months since your last unprotected vaginal or anal sex for a conclusive result. There is no excuse for not getting tested- delaying testing will only delay the treatment that you will need if you are HIV positive. Get yourself tested ASAP and refrain from further sexual relations until you know your status.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:36 AM   #4
(female)

Amileen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuts84 View Post
1) No risk from the second encounter; neglible risk from 3rd encounter after condom slipped off. Assuming he was positive, your chances of contraction would be about 1 in 1,000 (at the most). Also, if he ejaculated inside of you, this could potentially raise the chances.
2) Don't worry about symptons because it is probably just psychological. If you aren't a doctor who is used to feeling lymph nodes on a regular basis, you probably aren't going to be able to tell if they are swollen. ARS symptoms are different for everyone but typically begin a couple weeks after exposure and can last for varying amounts of time (with varying severity). Runny nose, and cold-like symptoms in general, are not part of ARS.
3) Oral sex is pretty much considered safe sex, regardless of canker sores, etc. You would pretty much need a huge, gaping wound in your mouth for it to really raise your chances. Contraction is possible from oral sex, but you would probably have a better chance of getting struck by lightning. Frottage is not a concern.
thanks for the feedback...i have gotten from my friends and they are also telling me the symptoms are just in my head nothing to worry about but as Joggen advised me i should really get tested i am aware of the prevalence rate in my country am not worried too much about that cause i didn't have sex with any of the high risk groups here,though i can't rule out the possibility that my risk of exposure is still high. I am waiting for the three months to end since my last encounter then i will go for the test. Funny the three months end a few days after my birthday and the only present am asking for is a negative result

Old 01-09-2013, 04:38 AM   #5
(female)

Amileen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuts84 View Post

Closed Thread