It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 04:33 AM   #1
(male)

Bestguy89 HB User
Very worried about HIV

Hi peeps, I'm a young 24 year old male who had unprotected sex with a private sex worker which is very stupid and scares me to bits till this day having to wait three full months. Firstly this happened on the 25/december 2012. I went and seen a private sex worker in a hotel room in Sydney city. She gave me unprotected oral sex and then about 5 minutes of vaginal intercourse with her.

About 1 week later i got a symptom. = sore throat for two days and gone.
Other symptoms :
Dizziness
Tingling in hands and feet for approx a week, on and off
Can't sleep, and sweating in my sleep and waking up here and here throughout the night
Also I have oral thrush / wife tongue since then until now.
I've noticed a itchy penis ( diagnosed with chlamidiya a week after the exposure)
Also have been given a blood test for HIV and tested negative, obviously I have to wait the full window period.
Other symptoms are loss of appetite, and also been very anxious about all of this.

I am very worried and scared to death, I feel like I have HIV, I really don't feel myself and don't feel too well. Or maybe it's just anxiety, but and again I have been getting shortness of breath hat I've never experienced before also. And all these symptoms are really what I've felt and am experiencing up until now??? What an it be???

Last edited by ModHB007; 01-10-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
(male)

tooty52 HB User
Re: Very worried about HIV

Tingling in hands and feet is common to anxiety as is shortness of breath, dizziness and no appetite.

The Following User Says Thank You to tooty52 For This Useful Post:
Bestguy89 (01-10-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
(male)

Bestguy89 HB User

Thankyou toothy, it's been approx 2.5 weeks now since exposure and I haven't gotten dioreah, swollen glands, fever or flue.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Only a test at 3 months will confirm your status. symptoms or the lack of them cannot help in the dyanosis of hiv.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 01-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #5
(male)

Bestguy89 HB User

Thankyou appollo, would a 4 week test and 6 week test give a little bit of relief ?? And then a final 3 monthly ?? Because I heard the symptoms can onset of positive readings most of the time is that correct

Old 01-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

A 6 week test would be a very good indication of your status and very unlikley to change. If negative at that time scale you will have very little to worry about.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 01-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestguy89 View Post
Thankyou appollo, would a 4 week test and 6 week test give a little bit of relief ?? And then a final 3 monthly ?? Because I heard the symptoms can onset of positive readings most of the time is that correct

Hi,

What you have heard is incorrect. There are no symptoms that are typical of an HIV infection, despite what you may have read online. You cannot judge or determine your HIV status because of symptoms, it is determined one way and one way only; by an HIV test.

A negative test at six weeks is extremely unlikely to change.

Kevin.

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, chlamidia, hiv, hiv anxiety, std