It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013, 06:51 AM   #1
(male)

donuteja HB User
hiv or anxiety

Ok..I'm from malaysia..and I'm being crazy over the anxiety that played me well..

Here comes the situation..I had a sex with a sex worker 8 weeks ago (62 days exact)..I don't know her status..but we performed an unprotected oral sex for around 5 minutes and before we performed oral sex..she cleaed  her mouth using a antiseptic mouthwash and after that we performed protected sex.

After that event..I started having a headache, muscle pain, my hand and my legs were constantly shaking like never before.

I'm afraid I may be infected with HIV so I took an HIV test at the Government clinic here in Malaysia.

The test are using InTec advanced quality Rapid anti HIV 1&2 (finger *****) and the result as follows :

3 weeks - negative
4.5 weeks (rapid and elisa) - negative
7 weeks - negative

First question :

1) am i having a risk of infected by HIV????
2) is it antiseptic moutwash can inc.rease the chance of transmission of HIV?? As I read it kill the saliva cell that kills hiv cells...
3)is it 7 weeks indicator shows im good and free from hiv?
4)do i need a further testing??

Old 01-14-2013, 06:56 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: hiv or anxiety

1. you were not risk of hiv. protected sex is just that, protected. Oral sex is not a risk of hiv. All she has done is kiss you penis not your lips. salvia does not carry any active hiv antibodys.
2. It matters not as above.
3. The test is fine.
4. Not at all. you had no risk and your test has proved that.

All is fine mate :-)

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The following user gives a hug of support to Apollo123:
donuteja (01-14-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #3
(male)

donuteja HB User

Ok as i dont know whether she has a cut on her mouth or gums or ulcer?? Even if she has all the condition, am i at risk having infection???

Old 01-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

None of those would pose any risk and your test has proved that by being negative :-)

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 01-14-2013, 07:30 AM   #5
(male)

donuteja HB User

But there is something funny..the doctor advise me to do the test again at 13/2 which is 3 month around after the exposure and set me up an upcoming appointment and here is the funny thing.upon arriving the at the recieptionist table,the medical assistant call me and change the appointment date that the doctor given to me.he lecture me about a hiv and he said i need to test on may which 7 month after exposure.WTH with that medical assistant,he change the doctor description like he is a doctor!!!!!!

I cant believe that my country still practising a 6 month window period and medical assistant rule over the doctor authorities.for those who live in Malaysia. I guess my anxiety got me this time..my head is still full of hiv stuff eventhough my test shows me im negative.

BTW thank you apollo for your fast response.thank you very much!!!

Old 01-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Hey no problem. Agreed, 6 months is outdated, infact since 2004. You can test at 3 months if you wish but it will be negative 100% sure.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #7
(male)

donuteja HB User
Smile Re: hiv or anxiety

Thank you again apollo for your comment. Googling about hiv is such a virus,lots of misinformation and opinion.

Btw again..thank you apollo

Old 01-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #8
(male)

Teacher21 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by donuteja View Post
Ok..I'm from malaysia..and I'm being crazy over the anxiety that played me well..

Here comes the situation..I had a sex with a sex worker 8 weeks ago (62 days exact)..I don't know her status..but we performed an unprotected oral sex for around 5 minutes and before we performed oral sex..she cleaed  her mouth using a antiseptic mouthwash and after that we performed protected sex.

After that event..I started having a headache, muscle pain, my hand and my legs were constantly shaking like never before.

I'm afraid I may be infected with HIV so I took an HIV test at the Government clinic here in Malaysia.

The test are using InTec advanced quality Rapid anti HIV 1&2 (finger *****) and the result as follows :

3 weeks - negative
4.5 weeks (rapid and elisa) - negative
7 weeks - negative

First question :

1) am i having a risk of infected by HIV????
2) is it antiseptic moutwash can inc.rease the chance of transmission of HIV?? As I read it kill the saliva cell that kills hiv cells...
3)is it 7 weeks indicator shows im good and free from hiv?
4)do i need a further testing??

Old 01-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #9
(male)

Teacher21 HB User

I would suggest getting a full screaning. You could have contacted another STD that made you feel ill. Probably not but it would give you peace of mind

Old 01-16-2013, 02:15 AM   #10
(male)

donuteja HB User

Ok ive done a 8 week rapid test and it come back negative so am i clear to have a sex with my wife??? She been curious i didnt touch her for almost 2 month..so am i clear to proceed??

Old 01-16-2013, 02:21 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

You were clear of HIV from the very beginning and your test confirms that. You will NOT give your wife HIV by having sex with her because you can't give her something that you don't have! You are in the clear re: HIV.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:26 AM   #12
(male)

donuteja HB User

Then thank you joggen for your input..im putting this behind and move on from my 8 weeks test..again thank you very much to all of you..

Closed Thread