It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
(male)

collegeguy23 HB User
Precum and Risk

So on Saturday night my girfriend was out of town still and I was feeling pretty horny. I was drunk from going out and when I got home I for whatever reason decided to find a random guy on craigslist and meet up with him. This was a first time experience for me. I met up with another guy whose girlfriend was also out of town, and we exchanged blowjobs. I was only sucking on his for less then 3 minutes but I did taste what I would say was precum. Im not sure how much it would have been though. And we did not ejaculate into each others mouths. So I am worrying myself sick about contracting a STD. I know this was such a dumb decision and I have no idea why I decided to go through with it, I am a very safe person normally. I asked him multiple times if he had been tested, and he said yes he had before Thanksgiving break. And he also said he had 4 other male partners he had been with but it had been awhile. So thats what makes me worry. I also have been experiencing bleeding gums for some reason even though I take care of my mouth, so I dont know if that is an extra factor. I didnt floss or brush before going.

Now my girlfriend is back in town, and I dont want to have sex with her or touch her because I am worried I would pass something on to her which sucks. I feel like I should wait to get tested first but I keep reading you have to wait awhile to be sure. Im pretty sure if I wait that long she wont be very happy. She knows I was with someone as we are in an open relationship, but its normally only with close friends that we know are clean. I guess Im asking what are my chances of contracting HIV from this encounter? and what are my chances of getting any other STD?

So I did call CDC and talk to a lady on the phone, who basically scared me more. She went on and on about how you could get it and never gave me any type of percentage.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Precum and Risk

your chances of getting HIV is zero
oral sex is not a route of HIV transmission
saliva in your mouth and the acids in your stomach is a effective barrier
for the virus.
other STD's are eaiser to catch
so you might want to explore getting checked for them.
good luck

Old 01-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
(male)

collegeguy23 HB User

Ok, cause the lady at the CDC was certain you could get it from oral. With other STDS how long should I wait to get tested? Atleast for them to be accurate? I normally get tested every three months. LIke I said we are very sexually active, but always very safe and only with others we know that get tested and openly share results.

If I were to contract something what signs would I notice initially.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

symptoms are not a good indicator for diagnosis
your best bet is to work with and ask a doctor
they would know the specifics.

oral sex is only a theoretical risk so
they will always call it one.
the circumstances under which it could be possible
are so extreme and far out it would be very unlikely to ever happen.
expect negative results for any HIV test you take.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:22 AM   #5
(male)

collegeguy23 HB User

Can you give me an example of the circumstances under which it would be possible please? Like I said my gums up front tend to bleed.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #6
(male)

collegeguy23 HB User

The only reason I asked about that was because like I said my gums do bleed and there was precum. I didnt know if that was enough to allow me to contract it.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #7
(male)

collegeguy23 HB User

Im 5 days away from when I had the encounter and now have a sore throat. Felt like crap all day, but Im guessing Im just getting sick. My girlfriend has been asking me to have sex and I really want to. I always wear a condom for sex, but she does give me unprotected oral. I have not had a long enough period to get tested. Would I be safe to have protected sex and unprotected oral with her tonight?

Closed Thread