It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 06:32 AM   #1
(male)

GuiltyConcious HB User
Nervous after sexual intercourse..

29 Days ago, I went to a party got drunk and hooked up with a girl who was friends with my friends sister.

Basic point of the story: We began kissing and having sex. I used a condom for about less then a minute and stopped the act because some how, I realized it was foolish because of issues I was having with my girlfriend, which we were broken up/having issues at that time.

I used a condom, but I wasn't sure if any fluids got on my underwear or not from the condom? There was no blood and the condom was intact.

2 Days later I began having a sore neck and groin, but no lumps. I actually went to the doctor about 2 weeks after the act but at that point, because I had protected sex, I didn't think anything was an issue to tell him about. I've been having a soar/throbbing feeling on my pubic bone/pelvic bone area and he did the hernia test on me and felt no lumps nor did he say anything. I'm not sure if this is the lymph node area, as I thought they were more slightly in the lower abdoment running down the inside of the thigh in the crease. He said I strained my muscle in that area, but idk maybe I feel that I should have mentioned the act to get a clearer piece of mind.

Anyways, I understand that I wore protection, but in the back of my mind, I keep thinking my symptoms (again, achy feeling under the arm pits, recent soar throat, and sore neck).

I also recently gotten over anxiety issues from 2011. I am 24 years old, so I started feeling more stressed and worried of HIV. Maybe i'm just feeling guilty because I was with my girlfirend for a year and a half and everything just fell apart and made a terrible decision.

I guess I'm just on here to get a better understanding of how to handle. I've been a little at ease and I know the flu is pretty active these days as well.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2013, 06:36 AM   #2
(male)

GuiltyConcious HB User
Re: Nervous after sexual intercourse..

Also, wanted to note, that I work out 6 days a week prior to that as my routine, and was starting a heavier weight lifting routine, maybe that was the cause to groin and neck pain.

Again, anxiety just has me a bit concerned.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

you used a condom, so you should have no HIV concerns.

it sounds like you need to concentrate
on your quilt and anxiety and forget about HIV
your focused on something that just isn't going to happen.
good luck

Old 01-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
(male)

GuiltyConcious HB User

Thanks. But should I be worried? The groin pain I had over my pubic/pelvic bone seemed to have gone after 4 weeks. It started 1 day after my encounter.

I mean I know I wore protection but maybe my symptoms are stress ad anxiety related? I mean if it were my lymph nodes my doctor would have felt them wen he examined my groin soreness right?

I feel like an idiot for not mentioning te sexual encounter but at the time I was like " I wore protection I should be good. " now I feel like in the bak of my mind probably shoulda mentioned it.

Any advice?

Old 01-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiteler View Post
you used a condom, so you should have no HIV concerns.

it sounds like you need to concentrate
on your quilt and anxiety and forget about HIV
your focused on something that just isn't going to happen.
good luck
Thats perfect advise, condom = no hiv concerns.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 01-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
(male)

GuiltyConcious HB User

Yeah but why could explain my groin pain? That's the only concern. Is it good that it occurred a day or so after my sexual contact? Is the lymph nodes in that area? It just concerns me that I didn't let my doc know I had sex.

Also the fact if her fluids got on my underwear. That's where I'm unsure right now.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

your imagination is being very overactive!
HIV cannot be passed on in the manner that you think.

if you have some health concerns, consult a doctor and
educate yourself better about HIV so you
fully understand it
instead of imagining bad things
that are just simply not going to happen.

Closed Thread