It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 11:48 PM   #1
(male)

Gaijin123 HB User
Unhappy Concerned with tests

Here is my story . I had 3 different incidents which makes me too much worried

1 . Had a unprotected sex with a girl( whom i met in pub) whose HIV status is not known. It was on September.
>> went down with sore throat and fever 2 days later.( doctor treated me for tonsillitis )
2. Again.. unprotected sex with the same girl on October ( stupid me!)
3. Had a protected sex with a prostitute ( but unprotected oral )

Took HIV test on

1. Dec ( 3 months from first exposure and 47 / 33 days from second exposure )
2. Jan ( 76 days from first exposure and 62 days from second exposure )

All the results came as Negative .

I have again come down with Chills , sore throat , chest infection , muscle pain today . As per the doc,
its a pharyngitis / influenza.

My doubt is

- Could it be a symptom of late conversion or related to HIV ?
- Is 2 months test conclusive? ( Government testing clinic here suggested that its conclusive )
- Am i just getting paranoid
- Should i be taking anymore tests or Just move on

your advice's are highly appreciated .

Old 01-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User
Re: Concerned with tests

Your tests in January were very accurate but not conclusive. You will have to test at 3 months after your second exposure for a conclusive result. Expect another negative.

Edit: Your third incident was NOT an exposure. You should use condoms consistently, not just with sex workers- that is the only way that they are effective!

Last edited by joggen; 01-19-2013 at 11:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2013, 02:06 AM   #3
(male)

Gaijin123 HB User

Thanks Joggen . But my test in January was at 11 weeks after the last exposure . So could that be taken as a good indicator?

Also here in Japan , the government norm is that test after 2 months of exposure is conclusive (hmm).

Could the current issues i am having could be related to HIV conversion?

Old 01-20-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

You said it was 62 days from your last exposure. That is 9 weeks not 11. 3 months is conclusive.

The Following User Says Thank You to joggen For This Useful Post:
Gaijin123 (01-20-2013)
Old 01-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
(male)

Gaijin123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggen View Post
You said it was 62 days from your last exposure. That is 9 weeks not 11. 3 months is conclusive.

Thanks for the reply .
Yup, i will take a test by end of Feb ( around 15 weeks ) and confirm

Arigato

Last edited by Gaijin123; 01-20-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #6
(male)

Gaijin123 HB User
Unhappy Re: Concerned with tests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin123 View Post
Thanks for the reply .
Yup, i will take a test by end of Feb ( around 15 weeks ) and confirm

Arigato
Thanks Joggen for the replies . I had my 3 months test last week and it came back as negative ! . But ... i again went into trouble with the same lady. We had protected sex , but at the end i figured out that the condom was broke . I know that i had put myself again in the risk here and it has been 15 days since

Again same , getting tensed and all . NO symptoms as such till now and also i asked here this time about the tests and all. She said she hadn't taken any test for STD but she is clean.

So for me this stupid mistake make me realize that need to change the habits (Quit smoking and Alcohol which was cause reason which got me into trouble )

I know i had dome a big mistake here .... but any advice's will help me a lot

Old 02-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #7
(male)

Gaijin123 HB User

I went to see a doctor cause my guilt and anxiety was taking a toll on me (4 kg of weight and sleep problems ) . He suggested me to take a HIV antibody / Antigen tests at 4'th week and check the status .

Would the above mentioned test will be a good indication of my status? Or should i wait for 6 weeks and take an Antibody test

In Japan , 2 months test is taken as conclusive as per gov norms and according to the doctor and goverment HIV testing center (don't know much about it )

Old 02-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Hiya. Well a 6 week test is very conclusive but why not get this girl tested as well. Its very unlikley she even has HIV and more so in Japan and if she dosnt go around having unprotected sex with other people then its fair to say what her status is. Overall i wouldnt be to worried.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 02-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

LawNerd94 HB User

- 12 weeks is considered negative, go get tested again however the time in what you have tested negative is a very GOOD indication that you will remain negative
- Unprotected oral is no concern, you're fine
- Viral infections are about all of the time, you can pick up lots of nastys!

take care

Last edited by Administrator; 03-06-2013 at 07:31 AM.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:23 AM   #10
(male)

Gaijin123 HB User

Thanks Appolo123 and Lawnerd94 .

Even i am thinking of asking her to get a test. For the time being , i will take a test on 28 day ( Duo -anitibody/antigen) and confirm.

Trying to focus my thoughts somewhere now and hoping for the best

Thank you

Old 03-11-2013, 04:44 AM   #11
(male)

Gaijin123 HB User

Is it possible to have a mild ARS symptoms after 4 th week of possible exposure?

I am having swollen lymph nodes in the neck (under the jaw area) and mouth sores (Just started from yesterday).

Just on the girl whom i had sex with, she send me an sms last week that she is tired and having a fever, and going for the test on Friday. But since then there haven't been any contact May be in am getting too much worried , but the thoughts are just making me mad .

Any suggestion would he really helpful

Old 03-11-2013, 05:56 AM   #12
(male)

escodude HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin123 View Post
Is it possible to have a mild ARS symptoms after 4 th week of possible exposure?

I am having swollen lymph nodes in the neck (under the jaw area) and mouth sores (Just started from yesterday).

Just on the girl whom i had sex with, she send me an sms last week that she is tired and having a fever, and going for the test on Friday. But since then there haven't been any contact May be in am getting too much worried , but the thoughts are just making me mad .

Any suggestion would he really helpful
Don't pay attention to the symptoms. Take a test at 6 weeks for a good indication of your status.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #13
(male)

Gaijin123 HB User

Thanks for the advice escodude . I am taking a HIV antigen/antibody test today ( 1 month mark ) and also will take a test on 6 weeks mark .

the more i am thinking of the symptoms , the more concerned i am getting . but yeah helpless in that

Thanks

Old 03-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #14
(male)

Gaijin123 HB User

Thanks for all the replies all of you guys have provided .I got the result of my 1 month test today . Details are

HIV Antigen/Antibody CLIA - Negative

Doctor told me that this itself is a good indication and you dont need to worry any.. Is that fine or should i take a test at 6 weeks and 3 months too for conclusive results.

Also test for rest of all STD's came negative.
Please advice whether i should just calm down or just be cautious

thanks in advance

Old 03-15-2013, 11:35 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

all alone99 HB User

Gaijin I have recently gone through something similar. My exposure was just unprotected oral. I had two blood tests done. One at 2 weeks and one at 10 weeks then a rapid blood test at 4 months. Here is my advice to you . When you overly stress about something you make yourself sick. I ended up losing ten pounds, and I think my real problem is I have a problem with depression. I have had it for years on and off. Stop stressing. You are making yourself sick. Maybe you just got the common cold or flu. And thinking of all these symptoms in your head. From what I have been told unprotected oral is impossible to transmit HIV. I think anyway.... Get tested and stop worrying and please......... if you missed the bullet once or twice why are you trying to genuinely get shot the third time ALWAYS use protection.

The Following User Says Thank You to all alone99 For This Useful Post:
Gaijin123 (03-16-2013)
Closed Thread