It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

canonlyhopenot HB User
can only hope not

Hi there,

I'm new here and am hoping for some help/advice.

About 3 months ago I went on an overseas holiday with some friends, I meet this Brazilian girl, one thing led to another and we went back to her room and had sex, during this the condom broke, I pulled out immediately and washed my hands and penis and put another one on and finished, the next night we meet up again and before we had protected sex she rubbed my penis against and inside her vagina, we then had protected sex.

About 4-6 weeks after I started to get achy aroundy neck and had trouble sleeping, I also got hot and cold flushes. I had a full std and hiv test at 2 weeks, this was negative, however I know this was to soon for anything, I had another test after Xmas so like 9-10 weeks after and it was a full blood test for HIV and all other stds, once again negative.

I have been having some pains on and off in my arms and around my underarms lately,they come and go.

I went for my final test today and should have results in 2-3 days. I have Been stressing out over it since it happened.

Any chance ARS would show up after 8-9 weeks if o had what the net describes as ARS at 4-6 weeks? Would I have tested positive if I did have ARS at my last test and how reliable is a 9-10 week test?

Thanks.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User
Re: can only hope not

You would have tested positive if you were experiencing ARS and your 9-10 week test is very accurate. Expect another negative.

The Following User Says Thank You to joggen For This Useful Post:
canonlyhopenot (01-20-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

canonlyhopenot HB User

Thanks mate, I have been stressing out hey, hopefully its all good.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

find something else to worry about.
you should have no HIV concerns,your test should be good.
you will be ok.

The Following User Says Thank You to smiteler For This Useful Post:
canonlyhopenot (01-20-2013)
Old 01-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

canonlyhopenot HB User

Stupid question so pardon my stupidity, does protected sex count as another exposure? And does rubbing one out count.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Protected sex and rubbing do not count as exposures. Sexually speaking, only unprotected penetrative vaginal or anal sex count.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

canonlyhopenot HB User

Ok cool so it would not affect my test results, sorry for the stupid questions guys.

Closed Thread