It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
(male)

rockon1980 HB User
Swollen Lymph node suddenly

the last time i had a sexual encounter was 2 months back with a friend of mine, i really dont know her sexual history: we had unprotected oral sex (i was the receiver) and then protected intercourse. i didnt get any flu or any other illness in the last 2 months and all of a sudden i got this armpit lump. the lump looks like a swollen lymph node (as i have seen from internet pics). i am really afraid if i got a HIV infection or something while i am just trying to convince myself that it could just be a bacterial infection or so. i checked my groin and neck areas if other lymph nodes are swollen and no signs on those areas. today i noticed that the lump has become a little bit soft and has some kind of fluid nature inside only over a part of it. This is also after some warm compresses i gave last evening. can someone please help me with providing some idea on this? i also felt a little bit ticklink pain in my groin region. i dont know if i am feeling this only since i am all the time thinking about swollen lymph nodes. or is this something that needs immediate attention? can someone tell me if i am at any risk of HIV based on what i said above? how can the lymph nodes swell up suddenly when i didnt have any flu or so. could it also happen due to weather change (because it just started snowing at myplace) and could the chillness cause this? please help me with your expert inputs.

Last edited by ModHB007; 01-22-2013 at 12:36 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2013, 01:13 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Swollen Lymph node suddenly

You were not at risk of HIV, so the best person to help you is your doctor, best of luck

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
(male)

rockon1980 HB User

Yesterday evening the lump broke and quite some puss came out. however, its not fully gone, rather its kind of back to the stage like 2 days back. i still feel something inside and the size (length and width) is same. i am still worried if its just because of the warm compress the puss got formed. and the lump/swelling of lymph node is still there. i am really afraid to go to the doctor .

Old 01-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

As I said you were not at risk of HIV, we cannot help you or your paranoia.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 01-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
(male)

rockon1980 HB User

Could this also be some kind of cancerous sign?

Old 01-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Unlikey but you need to see a doctor if unwell. No forum can ever guess an illness.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #7
(male)

rockon1980 HB User

So far, i dont have or feel any other illness. Should i wait for some more days to see if the lump goes down? is there any general checkpoint on number of days we can wait upto when such kind of lumps come up?

Old 01-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

This is a HIV forum, as you never had a risk their is little else we can help you with.

Closed Thread