It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 02:04 AM   #1
(male)

absger HB User
Unhappy Worried, but taking several home-tests in a few hours.

First of all - kudos to all the members on that forum who have the patience to answer each and every question, most of them from "worried well" persons.

My situation is a little strange and I really need your advice. I currently live and work in a country that a yearly negative HIV test is mandatory (otherwise you get deported).

During the past 9 months, i slept with 5 girls, and when it comes to protection i am "over protective" (that's what one girl said to me) - I used condoms every time for vaginal intercourse, no exception. This fact alone should make me feel good, but it doesn't.

I had oral sex, both-ways with all of the girls since I was told a lot of times that it's safe to do. I always tried to keep vaginal fluids out of my mouth.

Now the "risky" part (or at least what causes my paranoia):

- one of the girls was having her menstruation cycle and I performed oral sex on her, yet of course only the "top part". We had protected intercourse after.

after making the mistake of google-ing the subject for almost one month after my last "exposure' i became "crazy" - I mean I almost loose my job because I can't concentrate. A positive test would ruin my life and my career in China, and since my homecountry is not a good alternative I am very scared.

It's been almost 2 months since my last unprotected oral exposure and I ordered several home-test kits in order to test myself. I cannot get a WB or ELIZA here, because hospitals need to inform the government if there is a positive result - and if you are positive, you have 7 days to "get out". So the only alternative is home-kits.

I ordered several of them, yet the biggest problem is, that they are CHINESE.

<removed disallowed link>

My next mandatory test is June 2013 when i have to extend my VISA. Iwas even thinking getting to my homecountry and have a normal test there, yet that would cost me around 1500$.

A friend is arriving in a few hours with the home-kits. Please tell me any information you have on how reliable they are. I am very scared of an false-positive, because I have no way to do a "normal" test here.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

PS: I will keep you updated, hopefully and as many of you would expect with a negative result.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User
Re: Worried, but taking several home-tests in a few hours.

Oral sex and protected sex are not risks for HIV. Period.

You have no need to test in the first place.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
(male)

absger HB User

I ordered 3 different testing kits (one oral swap and two blood-based tests). All three came out NEGATIVE (one line).

Yet since the documentation was in Chinese (I can't read it), I am not sure if i followed the procedures correctly and now I am freaking out.

Both blood tests same scenario: I dropped one drop of blood and one drop of the other liquid - no reaction for 5-6 minutes. Then I dropped both times another drop of blood and another drop of the liquid until I could see that the stripe started developing. Both came out negative after a few more minutes.

The oral test: I did the mistake to touch the swap with my hands, even tried to remove it, since it seemed too big in order to get into the container. After I realized that i didn't have to remove it, i performed the test and got again a negative result (one line).

My question now is, due to my stupidity: What are the odds that I did something wrong? Can I trust those results or not?

Old 01-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

You never had a risk, so the test is pointless. If your not happy with the test take it back, its not a concern for us to deal with.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
absger (01-30-2013)
Closed Thread