It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 01:55 AM   #1
(male)

rooneythailand HB User
condom slipped inside after ejeculation

Hi I am new to this board here,

I am 25 years old, My bad luck I had a condom slippage in Thailand.

On 25 Jan 2013, I had a unprotected oral sex/protected varginal sex with a sex-worker(I am not sure she is or not) from a bar. We had sex about 5-10 minutes, and I ejeculated all inside her. When I pull out my penis, I saw the condom was not on my penis, it freaked me out. After that she went to clean herself up with tissues, I saw some red brownie colours on the tissues and it worried me alot, it seemed to be blood and fluid mix to me. I am not sure when I was ejeculating, the condom was on my penis head or not. After she pulled the condom out, I saw there are still some seman inside the condom.

After that we went to hospital straight away for a HIV MEIA test, we both got "Non-reactive" for the result.
She told me that she was a sexworker 3yrs ago and after that she got married, and she got a five-month-old baby, the last time she had sex was 2.5 months ago with her husband and also she told me that she did a blood test 2.5 months ago and the result was negative too.

Actually I am not quite sure that what she said was true or not, but despite what she said, am I in high risk getting HIV? Is the MEIA HIV blood testing method accurate in thailand?

The day after, I worried that I may get HIV infection alot, I started to get night sweat but no fever, and also I don't feel like that I wanna eat anythings at all. Are they the symptoms of getting HIV?

Thank you very much!

Last edited by rooneythailand; 01-28-2013 at 02:18 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2013, 02:11 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: condom slipped inside after ejeculation

This was 10 years ago? Well its looks like she did have hiv as per her test but its unlikley you would have gone 10 years with hiv without not finding out, more so as your health would be suffering.

The simple answer is, if your not sure take a test but i dont belive you will get anything other than a negative.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 01-28-2013, 02:17 AM   #3
(male)

rooneythailand HB User

Dr. Apollo sorry for my typo mistake that was in 2013

Old 01-28-2013, 02:33 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

There are no doctors here rooney, its a peer to peer forum.

Your risk is certainly quite low, as it appear you had protected sex for most of the time and puttting that with her negative results.

Well the course of action is to take a test at 3 months for conclusive results, but you can take a test at 6 weeks for a good indication of your status.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
rooneythailand (01-28-2013)
Old 02-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #5
(male)

rooneythailand HB User

I have asked the lady to hav a MEIA blood test on 13days post-exposure, again the result was non-reactive, how much risk do i have to get hiv? She swore to buddha that she did not hav any sex last 3 months in nov, dec and jan except with me, I really dont know if i should trust her or not!

I am in high stressed and depression all the time, i hav lost interest of doing anythings, please if anyone can tell me how much chance i will get hiv? Thank you very much

Old 02-09-2013, 12:58 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

The risk as i said is low, but only a test at 3 months will be conclusive.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #7
(male)

rooneythailand HB User
Smile Re: condom slipped inside after ejeculation

The lady told me that she gave birth on 09/09/2012, she said the doctor told her that she could not have vaginal sex 3 months after childbirth. She told me that she didn't have vaginal sex since childbirth until she met me. I don't know she lied to me or not but seems she is telling the truth

After I ejeculated into her, the out coming seman colour from her virgina appeared to be brownie red colour. It may be due to to injuries and surgery cuts when giving birth.

has blood got more chance to infect HIV than pure seman for vaginal sex? I heard from unprotected vaginal sex, chance of infecting HIV for men is 1 in 2000, how about if blood involved in this situation, what is the chance to infect hiv?

I have been very very stressed past afew weeks, I could not sleep well, I could not focus on anythings except keep thinking about HIV

The lady had MEIA test on day 1 and 13 post-exposure, result were negative, she will go for another test again on 03/01/2013 (Day 35/Week5).

I had MEIA test on day 1 post exposure, result were negative, I will go for a test on 03/07/2013 (Day 42/Week 6)

I think I will not be able to calm myself down until I see the negative result next week

Any comments on my case will be excellent! I am freaked out still! thank you very much!

Last edited by rooneythailand; 02-26-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:17 AM   #8
(male)

rooneythailand HB User

I found out that in Thailand they used HIV_ag_ab MEIA test,

Is this HIV_ag_ab MEIA test 4th generation HIV test?

I heard that
non-reactive result in week 6 is 99.9% accurate
non-reactive result in week 4 is 95% accurate
Anyone knows how accurate is the non-reactive result in week 2?

Thank you very much!

Old 02-28-2013, 02:11 AM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

A test a 2 weeks means very little. A 6 week test is a very good indication of your status, but not 99.9%, but if we are splitting hairs, it's between 98-99%, so a great indication of a status.

Try not to focus to much on this because its very unlikley she even has HIV and even if she did, it would be very unlikley you would get HIV from a one time exposure.

Last edited by Apollo123; 02-28-2013 at 02:21 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
rooneythailand (02-28-2013)
Old 03-06-2013, 08:30 AM   #10
(male)

rooneythailand HB User

Got some update for my status,

The lady and myself went for another HIV MEIA blood test in Thailand on Day 41(almost 6weeks post exposure) and we both got negative for the test.

How much chance I will get HIV infected now?
The MEIA blood test only took 5 minutes to get the result, do you think the test is accurate enough?

Old 03-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooneythailand View Post
Got some update for my status,

The lady and myself went for another HIV MEIA blood test in Thailand on Day 41(almost 6weeks post exposure) and we both got negative for the test.

How much chance I will get HIV infected now?
The MEIA blood test only took 5 minutes to get the result, do you think the test is accurate enough?
6 week antibody tests are about 99% accurate at detecting HIV. The chances she had HIV at the time of your sex are and have not been picked up are extremely low. Add to that the chance of you contracting it and it not being detected at 6 weeks are extremely low. Add to that the chance you actually contracted HIV from such a brief exposure(assuming she had it) are extremely low. Add all those together and I would not be at all worried.....personally I would not even bother testing again. If you are still anxious over it, test again at the 3 month mark. I would be expecting the same negative result.

The following user gives a hug of support to SOTM:
rooneythailand (03-07-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to SOTM For This Useful Post:
rooneythailand (03-07-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 01:03 AM   #12
(male)

rooneythailand HB User
Smile Re: condom slipped inside after ejeculation

Thanks GOD for the negative result.

Finally after 6 weeks I can relax a little bit, last night was the first night in 6 weeks that I can have some quality sleeps.

After this incident, I know now there is nothing more important than health. I feel like I am reborn!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to rooneythailand For This Useful Post:
escodude (03-07-2013)
Closed Thread