It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 03:27 AM   #1
(male)

Gulley HB User
Please Help

Hi Everyone,

First time post on these forums and i am hoping for some help.

Long story short, i had sex with a young lady about 3 months ago, the sex was protected however there was a condom breakage, as soon as it broke i pulled out.

For some unknown reason the next day my mind started racing and all i could think about was that i had HIV, i don't know if she did or not as i only just meet her at a bar.

About 2-4 weeks after i started to get all these symptoms like a rash on my left pectoral, sore throat, achy body a white tongue. They all passed about a week or so later, i started to freak out even more after reading what it could be.

I got a test about 2 weeks after the exposure happened and then again about 6-7 weeks after that, both where negative. I got another test last week [88 days/12.5 weeks] post exposure once again negative.

For some reason since i have got that result i have had some pain under my armpit [right side] and in my groin. Now i am trying my best to believe that my 88 day test is conclusive and i am HIV free, however when i search the net, i read that it's 90 days that is conclusive.

My questions are:

1: Does 2 days make that much difference?
2: Could i not show up with HIV, if it has just gone straight to Aids?
3: Am i losing my ****?
4: Why can't i take my negative results?

Old 01-28-2013, 03:48 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Please Help

Your results prove you dont have hiv and no its not possble to develop into aids in a that time scale. Why cant you accept the results, no idea ocd, paranoia but this isnt a forum to discuss such matters.

All i can is you certainly dont have hiv.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The following user gives a hug of support to Apollo123:
Gulley (01-28-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
Gulley (01-28-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2013, 04:01 AM   #3
(male)

Gulley HB User

ok thank, just freaked out cause i have had real sore gums the past couple of days.

I think i just freaked myself out, is there anyway my body would not produce antibodies and give me a negative? Also do you know what test they use in Australia.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:21 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

I havd no idea which test you had, but it would be fda approved, so you test would be valid. Their is no reason not to have antibodys at that time scale unless you are a long time iv drug user, on agressive chemo and on medication for an organ transplant.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Gulley (01-28-2013)
Old 01-28-2013, 04:30 AM   #5
(male)

Gulley HB User

Def's not one of the above, so i should be all clear then. Everything i have read says Australia has the best STD/STI clinics in the world, my doctor said i am all good, but my mind is still going 1000 miles an hour.

Thanks again Apollo.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:27 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Well they certainly have a good medication system, but the uk maybe be better like our cricket team :-) lol.

You should trust your doctor mate, they never take risks with your health, you are fine.

Gulley (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #7
(male)

Gulley HB User

OK, do you think i should get retested at all? Only reason i ask this is i have had sore nodes on my ribs and sore nodes in and around my groin, it comes and goes on each side.

I have also had what feels like ulcers in my mouth, they feel like the start of an ulcer anyway and then go away.

Im really scared, i have had unprotected sex since i got my results back but this person is definitely 100% HIV and STD free, She has only had sex with me and i know that for sure.

I am hoping my results are 100% true as i would be devastated to pass HIV on to her
Sorry Apollo, you probes think i am a tool, i am just so scared.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulley View Post
OK, do you think i should get retested at all? Only reason i ask this is i have had sore nodes on my ribs and sore nodes in and around my groin, it comes and goes on each side.

I have also had what feels like ulcers in my mouth, they feel like the start of an ulcer anyway and then go away.

Im really scared, i have had unprotected sex since i got my results back but this person is definitely 100% HIV and STD free, She has only had sex with me and i know that for sure.

I am hoping my results are 100% true as i would be devastated to pass HIV on to herSorry Apollo, you probes think i am a tool, i am just so scared.
No need to hope they are. Guilt is always a problem and it will mess with your head until such time you forgive yourself.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #9
(female)

needhelp4 HB User

Please stop reading about HIV Symptoms online - you are magically going to have some if not all these symptoms develop as you read.
The mind is wonderful yet crazy thing.. relax! Accept the fact that you are HIV Negative. Good Luck

The Following User Says Thank You to needhelp4 For This Useful Post:
Gulley (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #10
(male)

Gulley HB User

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bring this up again, but i have been freaking out, in the past 2 days i have lost 2.2KG, i have had watery bowl movements and feel like the nodes near by rig cage have been swollen and so has the one in my groin on my left side, they are very sore and its only on my left side, my left testicle is also very sore, i also had swimmers ear last week.

I have booked in to see the doctor and am hopeful he can give me an answer.

The doctor i saw previous and got my last 2 test results was not my normal doctor as he was away. I really hope everything is fine, but these issues i am having have got me freaking out to the point where i have actually started to lose sleep and feel ill when ever i eat.

Sorry to bring it up again, i am not trying to break any forum rules or anything like that at all, just need some support and these place has been good for that so far.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #11
(male)

Gulley HB User

Just got back from the doctor, he didn't want to do another blood test, he said and i quote "The Last test you had was fine, i said you need to wait 3 months and you had it at 88-86 days, your fine, no need for another one".

He did give me some stuff [doxyclcinc] for some infection he thinks i could have that could be causing my testicle to be sore, this is the same stuff he gave me when i first saw him and did all my STD check's and said i had nothing at all.

Im sorry guys, just a bit freaked out, as he also said i have the onset of Gingivitis, and when i eat [no matter what i eat] i get bloated.

I have another form to do a blood test from the previous doctor and am wondering if i should do it tomorrow? It would be around 97-100 days since exposure.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:01 AM   #12
(male)

tooty52 HB User

You are correct in Aus having some of the best STD testing in the world. Pretty much 4th Gen in the East coast which is irrelevant in your case as you tested post 3 months anyways. There are a million and 1 reason for your "symptoms" number 1 being stress / anxiety and as I found out super low vit d, quitting smoking and the list goes on. You don't need any more testing!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to tooty52 For This Useful Post:
Gulley (02-04-2013)
Closed Thread