It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 12:55 AM   #1
(female)

needhelp4 HB User
Exclamation HIV testing after 1 year of exposure

Hi Guys,

I had posted on this site around
October/November 2011..under 'scared about HIV'
Anyway I never had the courage to get tested and been living in fear of being infected for this whole year.
Last week I was told I need an HIV test for immigration/visa purposes...
As you can imagine I was completely horrified at the thought of my company finding out if I was infected...
So I finally forced myself to take an anonymous test 2 days ago.. It was a rapid blood test and the results were negative..

I was wondering if these results are accurate.. Since I have heard that rapid tests have the tendency to result in false negatives and also false positives..
I am still freaking out coz I need to take the blood test for the visa next week..
Do you think it's safe to say I am
HIV negative?

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-31-2013, 01:13 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: HIV testing after 1 year of exposure

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp4 View Post
Hi Guys,

I had posted on this site around
October/November 2011..under 'scared about HIV'
Anyway I never had the courage to get tested and been living in fear of being infected for this whole year.
Last week I was told I need an HIV test for immigration/visa purposes...
As you can imagine I was completely horrified at the thought of my company finding out if I was infected...
So I finally forced myself to take an anonymous test 2 days ago.. It was a rapid blood test and the results were negative..

I was wondering if these results are accurate.. Since I have heard that rapid tests have the tendency to result in false negatives and also false positives..
I am still freaking out coz I need to take the blood test for the visa next week..
Do you think it's safe to say I am
HIV negative?

Thanks in advance!
Their is no Tendency to have false negatives at all, but false positives do happen from time to time.

Your test is fine from what appreared to be a zero risk in the first place.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
hiv test, possible infection, worried about hiv