It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 01:07 AM   #1
(male)

holdencauldfiel HB User
HIV doubts + p24

Hello, and thank you very much for your valuable help. 20 days ago, I deep kissed (around 30 seconds) an unknown person I had met at the tube. In that moment I had some sores in the mouth, and a little wound. When I brush my teeth, my gums tend to bleed a little bit. I didn't notice if it was bleeding in the moment of the kiss, nor if he had any sores in his mouth. But I began reading in the internet that if there was blood in his mouth, and if he was HIV+, there might be risks. When we deep kissed (french kiss, with tongue) I didn't notice any blood flavour.

I'm really freaked out, and 15 days after the encounter I decided to do a p24/antigen HIV combo HIV 1-2 4th generation test. The result was negative.

I have, therefore, two questions: is it possible to have HIV+ with that kiss, in the event the other person was HIV+? Is the 4th generation test ACCURATE 15 days after the encounter? Should I re-test myself? Or I am free of risks?

Thank you very much for your attention, and good afternoon.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:08 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: HIV doubts + p24

Never is 30 years of the HIV history has anyone got HIV from kissing, she is very unlikley to have HIV and she would most certainly not have any bleeding or you would not have kissed her. Im sure i have had this post in the past.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
holdencauldfiel (01-31-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
combo, hiv, kiss