HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   HIV Prevention (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/hiv-prevention/)
-   -   40 days post protected/unprotected sex with hiv+ (reactive 577 antibody) (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/hiv-prevention/937648-40-days-post-protected-unprotected-sex-hiv-reactive-577-antibody.html)

kevinkevinkevin 02-01-2013 08:58 AM

40 days post protected/unprotected sex with hiv+ (reactive 577 antibody)

hi all,i had a protected then unprotected then protected ( DRUNK,cant remember..stupid,i know) sex with a hiv + girl and unprotected oral sex (both) 12th december 2012 and tested with hiv 1/2 screening rapid test (blood withdrawal from the vein) the result is negative..please help,my questions are what do u think of the test? when do u think i should test again? i am totally paranoid and afraid now..i had fever,diarhea,sore throat,cough,tiny spots on my belly,i am nauseous all the timeeee..im so scared... :( her test ( i made her get a test 10 days after exposure..her result was reactive 577... she had hiv for over a year now...)

Apollo123 02-01-2013 09:02 AM

Re: 40 days post protected/unprotected sex with hiv+ (reactive 577 antibody)

Only a 3 month test is conclusive.

kevinkevinkevin 02-01-2013 09:06 AM

what do u think of the 40 days test? and what do u think of my risk? thx so much for replyinh my post,sir

Apollo123 02-01-2013 10:05 AM

Well only you know if you had unprotected sex, if you did you have a risk. If you didnt you dont have a risk.

Your test is decent news, so its looking good but not conclusive.

kevinkevinkevin 02-01-2013 10:10 AM

thanks for the reply,sir..but even it is prtected..does it still a risk..i mean,she is a hiv + person and her reactive score is so high right? the nurse in the test lab told me that her score 577 is a very high score to contract someone

kevinkevinkevin 02-01-2013 10:11 AM

sorry for my bad english...

Apollo123 02-01-2013 10:52 AM

If its protected then your risk is ZERO. Condoms have been proved over 30 years that they protected you against hiv, this is nit a debate, its a fact.

kevinkevinkevin 02-01-2013 12:03 PM

okay man...i think the depression really kicks in to me now...i can feel all the symptoms..but,i know (and hope) this is all because of the depression

GuiltyConcious 02-01-2013 07:43 PM

[QUOTE=kevinkevinkevin;5126534]okay man...i think the depression really kicks in to me now...i can feel all the symptoms..but,i know (and hope) this is all because of the depression[/QUOTE]

I know Im oone to jump to conclusions but anxiety really does a number on our bodies. I ve been dealing with anxiety for the past year and a half and whenever I do something stupid, say a one night stand, even if its protected, my mind starts to wonder "What if".

The mind can really play its tricks. What I do, not sure if it helps: Take up exercising. It gets you're mind off things for that hour or so and when youre done, you feel alot better.

kevinkevinkevin 02-02-2013 03:56 AM

[QUOTE=GuiltyConcious;5126665]I know Im oone to jump to conclusions but anxiety really does a number on our bodies. I ve been dealing with anxiety for the past year and a half and whenever I do something stupid, say a one night stand, even if its protected, my mind starts to wonder "What if".

The mind can really play its tricks. What I do, not sure if it helps: Take up exercising. It gets you're mind off things for that hour or so and when youre done, you feel alot better.[/QUOTE]

thanks a lot for ur suggestions..well,no more one night stands for me after all this...this has been really rough and i just want things to go back to the way they were and move on with my life..