It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
(male)

Charlestron HB User
HIV concern. Never seen this scenario!

On January 16th I stupidly decided to have sex with a sex worker in Vaughan, Ontario Canada. She performed unprotected oral sex on me and protected vaginal intercourse. I then decided to perform oral sex on her for about 3 minutes. During the oral sex I performed on her I swallowed her vaginal fluid numerous of times maybe 3. When she performed oral sex on me she would often spit into a cup which I found very odd. When I left I rinsed my mouth and lips with water and headed to work. The next day I noticed a cluster of white spots on my upper lip on the cupids bow and a little on the vermillion. I also had a smaller patch on the bottom of my lip. The next night I went to sleep and kept waking up with chills and sweating a bit. I've never noticed these before and got me a little scared, so I told a friend and they suggested it was a cold sore and use lipactin. So I applied it for about 2 days when I then started noticing my throat. I developed a very sore throat to an extent where it was hard to eat. On the following Sunday I then went to a walk in clinic to find out why my throat was acting up. The doctor diagnosed me with strep throat and prescribed me antibiotics (Pennecillin) I finished the prescription and my throat was immediately better until 2 days after. It came back and feels different from before. It feels like its in a lower part of my throat. Also as for the cream the doctor prescribed me Zovirax and I just finished Valtrex. Both showed no results for my lip blemishes. I've been to 4 doctors and 3 of them said it was a cold sore and 1 said its not a cold sore and probably isn't herpes since its maintained it's same form since the day I got it.

So in conclusion what I am mainly concerned about is HIV. I'm wondering if I could of contracted it through her vaginal fluids. I got tested for Chlyamidia, Gonnahrea, Hep B and HIV January 29 2013 through blood and urine tests and am awaiting results. They said it would take 2 weeks. I've been suffering with a lot of anxiety and I'm looking for some comfort. I've never had anything like this happen to me. Please help me out with some information.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2013, 12:42 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: HIV concern. Never seen this scenario!

Hiya. Well hiv is not passed on by oral sex, and that has been proved over many years on studys with hiv + & - couples. The mouth has over a dozen emyzmes and proteins that make the virus inactive not to mention their is no route for hiv to get into your blood stream.

You could of course get an std, but as you have tested for those fingers crossed they come out negative.

I hope that helps.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 02-04-2013, 07:54 AM   #3
(male)

Charlestron HB User

Thanks for the quick response Apollo. So there's no chance that I have contracted HIV? It is coincidence that I developed blemishes ony lip and have had strep throat twice after antibiotics? It just seems like I am developing symptoms again just at that two week mark that makes me worried.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

No chance from HIV, but certainly a chance for and std. You may concider getting a throat swab, but im sure your doctor will resolve this issue.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 02-05-2013, 02:06 AM   #5
(male)

Charlestron HB User

Hey Apollo so I got back from my family doctor today and he said that there is a chance for contracting HIV through oral sex. Especially if I swallowed some of her vaginal fluid. Again the doctor prescribed me some gargling medication to take for my inflamed throat. Which came right after I was diagnosed with strep and had taken antibiotics (Pennecillin). It hasn't helped too much and he said there isn't much I can do now since I've took all my tests already. I also went to go see the sex worker again and asked her all the nessecary questions, such as if she knew she had anything or does she get tested frequently. She did say that she got tested every 3 months. She went to the extreme and even showed me her vagina. She said she would get tested tomorrow an will keep me updated and we will exchange test results. I'll follow up if anything else happens so everyone else can follow. My test results should be coming in Febuary, 12 2013. Unfortunately 6 days before my birthday . (Turning 21)

Old 02-05-2013, 02:13 AM   #6
(male)

Charlestron HB User

I also forgot to add that I did do throat swabs on January 20th 2013 and it came back negative for throat gonnahrea. They also tried for throat chlamydia but some complications occurred. I'm not too sure I have to speak with the doctor again. But I'm pretty sure it was because they either used the wrong swab and I have to get tested again or they didn't even test for it because it was the wrong swab. But regardless I will keep updating this thread so everyone can follow up what I'm doing. No one should have to be experiencing this. It has been the worst start to the 2013 year. I've been dealing with anxiety and waking up in the middle of the night having nightmares about HIV.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

If you wish to belive your doctor then only a 3 month test will confirm your status although i have no concerns as hiv experts agree that oral sex is not a valid route of hiv transmission unless you had just had a tooth pulled out and even then with saliva making the virus inactive, its theorectical at best. so i disagree with your doctors conservative and incorrect statment. The savlia would render the virus inactive or the stomach acids would certainly do that, so you dont have a risk. Lets not also forget its very unlikley she even has hiv.

Your only going thou this as your not listening to the facts being put to you, how long you waste your time is up to you.

Last edited by Apollo123; 02-05-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #8
(male)

Charlestron HB User

I completely understand what you are trying to convey Apollo and I appreciate it whole heartedly. I think it was just the anxiety kicking it but for sure I am going to get tested in a 1 month span and another at the 3 month mark. I also have an update of the status of my condition.

All my test results came in and it made me ultra happy. Everything came out negative. I tested for HPV through blood and lesion, Hep A through blood, HIV through blood, Chlamydia through urine, and Gonorrhoeae through swabs. I mean I did all this testing after the 2 weeks of suspecting an STD or HIV, but it still makes me feel a lot better and relieves me of a lot of anxiety that has been building up. For reassurance I will get tested in another month then 3 months then 6 months just to positively be clear.

l

Last edited by ModHB007; 02-05-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
hiv anxiety