It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 12:35 AM   #1
(male)

Ahrimoniac HB User
Gave oral to another man - concerns and question about UK testing

Good morning all, hope you are all well. I have a question which I appreciate is a little cliche and oft-asked butbear with me! Scenario is I gave oral to a stranger. It was unprotected but I didn't enjoy it and stopped after 10 to 15 seconds. No *** obviously but seemed like a lot of saliva and precum. What concerns me is that almost immediately after I spent ages washing my mouth out with water, then twenty minutes later I brushed and mouthwashed which they say not to do. I then also managed to cut the roof of my mouth open about 12 hours later.

Anyway. I am trying to be rational and self diagnose but I am feeling very scared right now. I took a finger***** test after 7 days which I know would not pick it up but I was testing more for peace of mind, which came back negative. I also had a full screening done for all STDS 8 days after the event, which they said should be long enough to pick up most things bar HIV. Yesterday, 11 days after exposure, I did a rapid 10 day post exposure test through better2know which I will get the results from tomorrow.

My question is - am I right in thinking I should have a full test after 28 days and then again after 3 months? What would you say my risk is? My tonsils have been raging and I am full of snot. I keep getting weak legs and headaches too. I haven't been going out of my mind and I feel pretty calm (resigned) but I could do with some opinion. Thanks for reading, J

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2013, 12:42 AM   #2
(male)

Ahrimoniac HB User
Re: Gave oral to another man - concerns and question about UK testing

Apologies - that should read 'trying NOT to self diagnose'.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:56 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

The risk of oral sex is zero. Their are over 10 threads every week about this, each with their own unique reason to why they are at risk and all are basically the same and the end result is the same, zero risk.

The mouth has over a dozen emzymes and proteins that make the virus inactive, its just not a way of passing on hiv as confirmed by 30 years of reasearch and hiv experts.

Before you say what about... I have fully understood your post my answer will not change.
You had no risk and you dont need to test.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 02-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
(male)

Ahrimoniac HB User

Thank you for reassuring a silly bugger. Trying to keep calm. So many what ifs and anecdotal stories to ignore!

Closed Thread