It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #16
(male)

Liberty1 HB UserLiberty1 HB User
Re: Very stressed out about possible HIV

Just couldn't help myself. My college was offering free oraquick test. Just too tempting. The results came back negative. Making it 6 weeks plus 2 days. I'm feeling very positive. I just want to say thanks guys for everyone sharing your stories and insight in regards to this difficult moment in my life. Thanks

Last edited by Liberty1; 02-20-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #17
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi,

This is good and very unlikely to change. I know you have been told but please resist the temptation to over test ok? Over testing does carry with it the real dangers of a false positive.

You only need one more test to confirm this result and I stress the word confirm. A confirmation test will be conclusive and will almost certainly be negative.

Kevin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2013, 05:51 AM   #18
(female)

TrishLives17 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty1 View Post
Just couldn't help myself. My college was offering free oraquick test. Just too tempting. The results came back negative. Making it 6 weeks plus 2 days. I'm feeling very positive. I just want to say thanks guys for everyone sharing your stories and insight in regards to this difficult moment in my life. Thanks
NOW RELAX! I finally did. If we had HIV it would have shown up by now. We do not have no significant illnesses like cancer or we aren't drug users. I feel like its our minds beating ourselves up for being so silly.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #19
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishLives17 View Post
NOW RELAX! I finally did. If we had HIV it would have shown up by now. We do not have no significant illnesses like cancer or we aren't drug users. I feel like its our minds beating ourselves up for being so silly.
Thats an incorrect statement. Only a 3 month test can confirm your status. Whilst its very unlikley to test positive after 6 weeks, its not conclusive.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 02-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #20
(female)

TrishLives17 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Thats an incorrect statement. Only a 3 month test can confirm your status. Whilst its very unlikley to test positive after 6 weeks, its not conclusive.
Oh I know that, but I meant relax because the odds are more in favor that the test will remain negative.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:57 AM   #21
(male)

Thanks for the support Trish, but I'm not in the clear just yet. Like Apollo said the odds are in my favor, but I still need an additional test. I'm just trying my best to stay positive and relax. It's really hard too considering I have a sore throat and constantly find myself feeling lightheaded. I'm doing it through. I'm going to an ENT to get my throat checked out soon and hopefully I'll be a little more at ease then. Thanks again everyone that has shared to this thread. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #22
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Thanks for the support Trish, but I'm not in the clear just yet. Like Apollo said the odds are in my favor, but I still need an additional test. I'm just trying my best to stay positive and relax. It's really hard too considering I have a sore throat and constantly find myself feeling lightheaded. I'm doing it through. I'm going to an ENT to get my throat checked out soon and hopefully I'll be a little more at ease then. Thanks again everyone that has shared to this thread. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Well any symptoms you have are not HIV realted thats for sure, because if they were you would have tested positive. So forget symptoms now, it will only make you feel worse and play on your mind. Its also unlikley she even had HIV and she could be on this very forum posting about a risk with somone who she thinks has HIV, so do you see my point

Just take a test at 12 weeks, all being well, you will be posting your negative results.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 03-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #23
(male)

An update.

Unfortunately, things have not been looking good recently. I really did change my attitude and started to feel back to normal for a couple of days considering my 6th week negative result, but things changed quite quickly during the 7th week. I started to get upper right abdominal pain. At first I didn't think anything of it. It was just somewhat an annoyance. Also I don't want to get that into it since it might be gross, but my stools haven't been normal at all. My abdominal rumbles a lot as well mostly from the right side. It got a little worse, and that set me off. I went to the doctor and told him about it. I don't feel sick either, but I also don't have an appetite. I've been forcing myself to eat really. He has ordered every test under the sun to figure it out. He seemed to brush aside HIV when I bought it up, but really that doesn't nothing for my worries.

Also I have been noticing that my tongue is a lot whiter than normal and on the very back of my tongue I have bumps. Also my throat is bothering me again. This time mostly on the left sode. It feels a lot worse then before. This started today. I am very stressed out and have been. I then decided gave myself a HIV test this week. This would be the seventh week (7 weeks 2 days) and it came back negative again. This time I used the finger poke blood test and not oraquick. Right now I just don't know what to think anymore. I feel really lost and depressed about everything. I'm not feeling normal. I'm so close to the 12 week mark, but I just don't know what to think anymore.

Last edited by Liberty1; 03-03-2013 at 10:15 AM. Reason: A word was censored

Old 03-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #24
Facilitator
(male)

Everybody gets the symptoms your concerned about, its common. Everyone gets ill, its common. Hiv had no specific symptoms but stomach issues are just that, stomach issues.

All i can say, is your last test was a good indication of your status and stressing about when you dont feel quiet right wont help your sanity. Just get busy until you test at 3 months, which im sure will be negative.

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
Liberty1 (03-03-2013)
Old 03-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #25
(male)

Glad to hear from you Apollo. I am trying my absolute best to believe this is all just coincidence. I really am, but it's just eating away at me.

I know that I cannot diagnose myself with symptoms, but so many different things keep popping up when I was pretty much healthy for the most part before this ever happened. This is truly been the most difficult time in my life. So many mixed emotions and so many health issues and even weight loss. I want this over with, but I know I still need time.

I know I've change a lot during this time. I know I'm not the same person I was before all this happened, and I want to grow from this event. I'm trying to stay positive. To focus on other things in my life right now. I know that my 7th week test was really good indication, and I also never had any rashes or fever during this whole time, but just a series of random problems that really gives me doubt. I could be that one rare person that does test positive late, and this terrifies me on so many levels. I also been keeping this all in. From my friends and my family except one very special person in my life right now. I think ultimately I just want to know what exactly is going on with me. This really have consumed my life ever since I got that sore in my mouth 5 weeks ago.

I just want to again thank everyone that has contributed to my thread. Thanks for your insight and your rationality. I want to believe. I have 4 weeks left to go as of today for the 12th week mark. I also have an appointment with my doctor this Tuesday to go over everything I was tested for this week to figure out my abdomen issues. I'll update when I get this information.

Last edited by Liberty1; 03-03-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #26
(male)

escodude HB User

Quote:
Glad to hear from you Apollo. I am trying my absolute best to believe this is all just coincidence. I really am, but it's just eating away at me.

I know that I cannot diagnose myself with symptoms, but so many different things keep popping up when I was pretty much healthy for the most part before this ever happened. This is truly been the most difficult time in my life. So many mixed emotions and so many health issues and even weight loss. I want this over with, but I know I still need time.

I know I've change a lot during this time. I know I'm not the same person I was before all this happened, and I want to grow from this event. I'm trying to stay positive. To focus on other things in my life right now. I know that my 7th week test was really good indication, and I also never had any rashes or fever during this whole time, but just a series of random problems that really gives me doubt. I could be that one rare person that does test positive late, and this terrifies me on so many levels. I also been keeping this all in. From my friends and my family except one very special person in my life right now. I think ultimately I just want to know what exactly is going on with me. This really have consumed my life ever since I got that sore in my mouth 5 weeks ago.

I just want to again thank everyone that has contributed to my thread. Thanks for your insight and your rationality. I want to believe. I have 4 weeks left to go as of today for the 12th week mark. I also have an appointment with my doctor this Tuesday to go over everything I was tested for this week to figure out my abdomen issues. I'll update when I get this information.

Listen, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm waiting to get my 3 month conclusive after getting my 6 week negative. I got a rash, swollen lymph nodes, & thrush. Was I scared/nervous once I got them? Yes... Am I scared now? No.

99% of people will test positive by 6 weeks. The average time from going from negative to positive is about 25 days, this is called seroconversion. Don't worry about symptoms, they tend to come up when you're stressed. Your 6 week negative, as apollo said, is a very good indication that you don't have HIV.

Last edited by escodude; 03-03-2013 at 07:04 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to escodude For This Useful Post:
Liberty1 (03-03-2013)
Old 03-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #27
(male)

Thanks for the support and the rationality. I truly feel I would be fine if it wasn't for my upper abdomen problems. It right around the liver area and it just feels real firm. Everything else I'm pretty fine with. It's just that, that is making me worry so much. I'm staying positive though. In the inside I am a nervous wreck, but I'm doing school work and trying my best to focus on other things in life that are very important to me. Good luck man. I wish the best for you.

Last edited by Liberty1; 03-03-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #28
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

i have had HIV a long time and i never experianced that?
how can you connect that symptom to HIV ?
you make no sense
it sounds like you have a overactive imagination going on.
you will test out ok.

The Following User Says Thank You to smiteler For This Useful Post:
Liberty1 (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #29
(male)

I hope so. I really hope so. Just 4 more weeks.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #30
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

the best,most accurate indicator of the presance of HIV
the test says
you are HIV negative.

somehow you have built up a conspiracy against the test?,
using coincidence and symptoms as your evidence of proof of
the presence of HIV in you.

if i was a gambling man,
my money is on what the test results say!
and not your conspiracy against it.

The Following User Says Thank You to smiteler For This Useful Post:
Liberty1 (03-04-2013)
Closed Thread