It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
(male)

GuiltyConcious HB User
nervous of HIV through oral sex

I recieved oral sex, unprotected, for about a min at most. Am I at risk for HIV? I didn't disclose that to my doctor, and now I'm worried. I've seen people say male, recieving can cause infection, but very low.

Also, I know if many say my risk is zero, and I'm being paranoid, what will my test indicate at 8 weeks? Will the zpack throw off any testing?

Last edited by moderator2; 02-15-2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website for any reason

Old 02-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: nervous of HIV through oral sex

Buddy this is now the fourth thread you have started on this forum. In each thread you have committed an act and then started to worry after the fact. If you are so nervous and concerned about sexual acts, the answer is very simple: don't do it. Running on to HIV forums after the event is not in your best interests, ok?

As you have been advised in your previous threads, HIV is transmitted, sexually, via unprotected vaginal and /or anal sex. Nobody, not a single person as ever contracted HIV from receiving oral sex.

You were not at risk, and have no need to test.

Buddy, please, do yourself a huge favour here. If in doubt don't do it, ok?

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 02-15-2013 at 03:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
(male)

GuiltyConcious HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokecalledkev View Post
Buddy this is now the fourth thread you have started on this forum. In each thread you have committed an act and then started to worry after the fact. If you are so nervous and concerned about sexual acts, the answer is very simple: don't do it. Running on to HIV forums after the event is not in your best interests, ok?

As you have been advised in your previous threads, HIV is transmitted, sexually, via unprotected vaginal and /or anal sex. Nobody, not a single person as ever contracted HIV from receiving oral sex.

You were not at risk, and have no need to test.

Buddy, please, do yourself a huge favour here. If in doubt don't do it, ok?

Kevin.
This oral sex correllated to the act from my december 21st experience.

Trust me, I learned my lesson sleeping with strangers. I guess I'm feeling guilt with the whole situation from my ex-girlfriend. When I date, I take it slow and get to know a person before sleeping with them, and that doesn't bring out much anxiety. This was a stupid act that has stuck with me.

Last edited by GuiltyConcious; 02-15-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
(male)

GuiltyConcious HB User

If i were to test, would Anti Biotics (AKA Z-Pack for throat infection) trigger with the results? Or have any affects on the results?

Old 02-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

You have no need to test, this is not an HIV issue.

you were not at risk, period.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #6
(male)

GuiltyConcious HB User

Quote:
You have no need to test, this is not an HIV issue.

you were not at risk, period.
my only question is do anti biotics have any affect in testing?> AKA the zpack for a sinus infection? Just if I wanted peace of mind.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

No,they will not effect your test, more so as you never had a risk. You really are wasting so much energy and getting stressed about nothing.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 02-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #8
(male)

GuiltyConcious HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
No,they will not effect your test, more so as you never had a risk. You really are wasting so much energy and getting stressed about nothing.
trust me im working on it. I just keep thinking the way im feeling is correllating to my act. probably more guilt i gueess. we all make mistakes. this is one thats just eating me.

my apologies

Old 02-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Had you actually had a risk and needed to test for HIV (which you unequivocally did not and do not) then all medication taken beforehand should be declared to the people who test you prior to the test. They are unlikly to effect the result of an HIV test.

If you decide to test, you will achieve nothing other than keep alive your own, wrong, belief you have an HIV concern. You don’t.

Having needless HIV tests for zero risk exposures carries with it the real danger of a false positive result; this is why you are being advised not to test. False positives happen, I have seen it happen. The fall out can be devastating and takes time not only to recover from but to sort out.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #10
(male)

GuiltyConcious HB User

Quote:
Had you actually had a risk and needed to test for HIV (which you unequivocally did not and do not) then all medication taken beforehand should be declared to the people who test you prior to the test. They are unlikly to effect the result of an HIV test.

If you decide to test, you will achieve nothing other than keep alive your own, wrong, belief you have an HIV concern. You don’t.

Having needless HIV tests for zero risk exposures carries with it the real danger of a false positive result; this is why you are being advised not to test. False positives happen, I have seen it happen. The fall out can be devastating and takes time not only to recover from but to sort out.
Hm. I see. I was scheduled to donate blood on Tuesday. IS that not an option anymore or would I still be able to do that?

Old 02-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

Of course you can donate blood, why would you think otherwise? All blood is screened and given the fact you have not been exposed to an HIV infection from this incident, there is no reason for you not to donate blood.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 02-16-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Closed Thread