It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2013, 02:33 AM   #1
(male)

kanand HB User
3-months HIV test result conclusive

Hi I am from India , 3-months back i did a insertive oral sex with unkown women, dont know her HIV status, she did not have any visible blood in salvia , and i also did not have any cuts or wounds on my pennise . it was about only 2-3 min,

6-weeks after i got
Human Immunodeficiency Virus-I antigen & total antibodies to 1 & 2 (CLIA) : test the value was 0.30 ( cut off value 1.0) and it is negative ,

after 10-weeks same test, result negative with value 0.31

after 3-months same test, result negative with value 0.41

now my worry is why the value is increasing from 0.30 to 0.31 and to 0.41 is this OK if in each test the result value got increased / changed

am i safe from HIV, how about the above test are that conclusive

in my first thread it is told that oral sex is not a risk no ned to test and to move on to normal life i trust all of your advices

but i was so scared that made me to take the tests at 6-weeks , 10 weeks and after 3- months

i realy need your advice, please please advice me why in each test the value is keep changing and increasing

Last edited by kanand; 02-16-2013 at 02:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2013, 03:27 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: 3-months HIV test result conclusive

Hi,

You are needlessly worrying. You were never at risk of an HIV infection and really had no need to take these tests, which are all negative. The changing values have no real bearing on the result, which are all negative. These values do change with each test, and are very rarely the same. Many factors can make them change, not least your own health. The fact they appear to be increasing/changing does not mean anything, they are all below the reference value.

Buddy, you really now need to move on from this. You really were not at risk and you really don’t need to be looking for further ways to worry yourself by doubting your test results. You have not got HIV. Time to put this to bed and move on.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 02-16-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
(male)

kanand HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokecalledkev View Post
Hi,

You are needlessly worrying. You were never at risk of an HIV infection and really had no need to take these tests, which are all negative. The changing values have no real bearing on the result, which are all negative. These values do change with each test, and are very rarely the same. Many factors can make them change, not least your own health. The fact they appear to be increasing/changing does not mean anything, they are all below the reference value.

Buddy, you really now need to move on from this. You really were not at risk and you really donít need to be looking for further ways to worry yourself by doubting your test results. You have not got HIV. Time to put this to bed and move on.

Kevin.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #4
(male)

kanand HB User

Thanks a lot for your assurance, you are really helping the people like me who are scared,

now i am totally relaxed , i only know how much i was scared , thanks again for your kind help and assurance,

you guys are realy doing a great job, this thread is really helfull

Closed Thread