It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #1
(male)

worriedman83 HB User
Positive or Neg?????

May 2012 - Got pneumonia dr had me take hiv and CD4... CD4 while sick was at 340, Screen test resume positive, Western Blot came out neg.

June 2012- Took Hiv Screen resume positive, Western Blot came back neg.

July 2012- Seen another dr wanted me to take blood for my immune. The test was a immunoglobulin test and it came back at normal limits.

Aug 2012 My wife and I had lil girl hospital tested wife for HIV and it came back neg but dr said i could be positive and she would still be neg.

Feb 2013- My dr wanted to run another hiv test. Screen test came back again resume positive and Western Blod came back indeterminate this time. My local state department keeps calling me wanting me to keep testing because I could have it? I guess the hospital gave them my info since i've had all the screen testing resume positve. What should I do? Please Help

The Following User Says Thank You to worriedman83 For This Useful Post:
sid1234 (03-22-2013)
Old 03-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Positive or Neg?????

you have never said what your risk was buds?

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
(male)

worriedman83 HB User

Ive never had any risk. Been with same woman for 10yrs been married to her for 7yrs. Only had sex twice without protection and that was when i was 15 and other was with my wife. Im not gay and nor have i ever been with a man. I did have a blood transfusion when I was 4 but figured that would have showed up positive in the western blot back in may and my immune would be crap. So I dont really see my having risks but dont understand the screen test showing up resume positive. I have had influenza shots and flu shots this yr and last yr. Would them make me fail screen? Im just confused why this keeps happening?

Old 03-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
(male)

escodude HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by worriedman83 View Post
Ive never had any risk. Been with same woman for 10yrs been married to her for 7yrs. Only had sex twice without protection and that was when i was 15 and other was with my wife. Im not gay and nor have i ever been with a man. I did have a blood transfusion when I was 4 but figured that would have showed up positive in the western blot back in may and my immune would be crap. So I dont really see my having risks but dont understand the screen test showing up resume positive. I have had influenza shots and flu shots this yr and last yr. Would them make me fail screen? Im just confused why this keeps happening?
Are you talking about a rapidtest? What do you mean by screen?

Old 03-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:

Ok, so if your wife dosnt have hiv your not going to have hiv buds. Why they tested you again after your negative in june i dont know, but it was clear then you were negative. False postives happened for many reasons, like a viral infection, but overall i really belive your fine.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 03-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

You should have stopped testing in May with the negative WB. A negative WB trumps an ELISA (screening test). Some people tend to test repeatedly (falsely) positive on an ELISA, but the negative WB PROVED it was a false postive. The people involved in your testing don't know what the hell they are doing.

The Following User Says Thank You to joggen For This Useful Post:
worriedman83 (03-22-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 05:07 AM   #7
(male)

worriedman83 HB User

Ok Thanks that help me and calms me down alot but one last question can anyone explain the indeterminate? They are tryin to tell me that it means that i have the antibodies (virus) but its not quite showed up yet?

Old 03-22-2013, 06:08 AM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Ok Thanks that help me and calms me down alot but one last question can anyone explain the indeterminate? They are tryin to tell me that it means that i have the antibodies (virus) but its not quite showed up yet?
You may well have a virus but from HIV.

May 2012 - Got pneumonia dr had me take hiv and CD4... CD4 while sick was at 340, Screen test resume positive, Western Blot came out neg. June 2012- Took Hiv Screen resume positive, Western Blot came back neg.

Aug 2012 My wife and I had lil girl hospital tested wife for HIV and it came back neg but dr said i could be positive and she would still be neg.

After these tets their is no good reason to test again. I would take the advice from Joggen and find another doctor if your concerned, but i see NO reason to test again for HIV.

If your unwell, just see another Doctor.

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
worriedman83 (03-22-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #9
(male)

worriedman83 HB User

was that suppose to say but not from hiv?

Old 03-22-2013, 06:50 AM   #10
(male)

worriedman83 HB User

Thanks! You guys was alot of help and made me feel alot better. I been kinda lost and with the state keep contacting me acting as im infected its kinda disturbing. Thx again guys

Old 03-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #11
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
was that suppose to say but not from hiv?
LOL, sorry yes buds

Closed Thread