It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
(female)

rubybell HB User
Red face Hiv 2

I had multiple unprotected expsoure in an established relationship almost 30 motnhs ago, developed vag eyast inf, few days later sorethraot w/neck node swelling, reolved and few days later developed red blotches on face,chest and upper back. I tested multiple times hiv 1/2 EIA and hiv icma 1/0/2 by labcorp through anonymous testing. also 2 yrs later hiv-1 dna pcr, qualitative hiv-1 rna ocr, hiv 2 dna/rna pcr, hiv 2 specific eia all negative. 2 months back i noticed a neck node sweling. I am worried abt hiv2 as no one knows seroconversion time and I had high risk expsoures. Pls help, I am scared and worried, dont know what to do next.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Hiv 2

Hiya, well you dont have to do anything at all as you dont have HIV. HIV is not a real concern, its so very very rare but more so modern tests would pick it up within 3 months anyway, so you dont have HIV 1 or 2. Just to clarify, the sero time for HIV 2 is the same as HIV 1, so any test taken 3 months and after is conclusive.

Just for the record, PCR tests cannot confirm your status, only standard antibody tests can.

I know your concern is about symptoms, well all i can say is that are certainly not HIV in any way or form, so you should work with a doctor to resolve your health concerns.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
(female)

rubybell HB User

Thanks Apollo,

But I cannot get a convincing information reg seroconvertion time for hiv-2 and when i spoke to Focus diagnostics who ran the hiv 2 dna/rna pcr the lower limit of detection is 500 copies and I am worried that hiv2 replicates slowly and may be it is not showing up on antibody testa and PCR test. Thank you once again. I read cases of late seroconversion beyond 30- 40 months on internet.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
(female)

rubybell HB User

I am sorry I didnt mention I am immigrant and my partner was.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubybell View Post
Thanks Apollo,

But I cannot get a convincing information reg seroconvertion time for hiv-2 and when i spoke to Focus diagnostics who ran the hiv 2 dna/rna pcr the lower limit of detection is 500 copies and I am worried that hiv2 replicates slowly and may be it is not showing up on antibody testa and PCR test. Thank you once again. I read cases of late seroconversion beyond 30- 40 months on internet.
Your incorrect, as i said, HIV is detected within 3 months, it dose not differ from HIV 1 in terms of window period. If you had HIV your antibody test would show this. Antibody tests are one of the most reliable in terms of any tests in the medical industry, they are very accurate 99.89% ( in medical terms, you dont get better )

Late sero will only happen if your a long term IV drug user, on medication for an organ transplant or on aggressive chemo and even then its so very rare and with modern tests its just not the case. The internet is full of rubish and myths about HIV and i thinks thats why you are worrying over nothing.

Again, i state, you rteally dont have HIV and you should seek help from a doctor, you may be ill but your wasting your time and health on HIV.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
rubybell (03-26-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #6
(female)

rubybell HB User

Hi Apollo,
I spoke to one of the doctors from my country where hiv2 is prevalent who mentioned that i need to get western blot even though elisa is negative as elisa is enagtive and western blot will be positive for type 2. this is very scary as i knew that we alwas do screening tests first. Thanks

Old 03-26-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Hi Apollo,
I spoke to one of the doctors from my country where hiv2 is prevalent who mentioned that i need to get western blot even though elisa is negative as elisa is enagtive and western blot will be positive for type 2. this is very scary as i knew that we alwas do screening tests first. Thanks
A WB test is only really used if you have positive result on a antibody test. Now the tests you have taken will more than likely include HIV2, but then you or your doctor would need to check on that, but even so, HIV is the same virus more or less and most tests would pick HIV 1-2 even if they were only HIV. Take in mind HIV is do rare anyway. The fact you have also had PCR tests would also indicate that you have neither HIV virus, so i would still think this is just another test for the sake of testing.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:31 AM   #8
(female)

rubybell HB User

Apollo,
I was at doctors office yesterday and noticed white chumks confirmed oral candida. is it possible to get opportunistic infeections and swollen neck nodes with negative antibody tests and all etsts i have done. I am scared and worried.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:59 AM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Apollo,
I was at doctors office yesterday and noticed white chumks confirmed oral candida. is it possible to get opportunistic infeections and swollen neck nodes with negative antibody tests and all etsts i have done. I am scared and worried.
Of course, we all get ill from time to time, if you didnt it would be a medical mystery

Youto belive in facts and science, if you had HIV you would test positive, thats a fact.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:39 PM   #10
(female)

rubybell HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Of course, we all get ill from time to time, if you didnt it would be a medical mystery

Youto belive in facts and science, if you had HIV you would test positive, thats a fact.
Apollo,
I have multiple neck nodes on right side only, does this happen in hiv to have nodes only in neck and one side or is it just a start of lymphadenopathy. Its very scary to read such things esp with symtoms and negative tests. Do you know anyone with hiv-2 ?Thanks

Last edited by ModHB007; 03-31-2013 at 11:40 PM. Reason: external websites

Old 03-31-2013, 11:33 PM   #11
Facilitator
(male)

Ruby, you really are worrying way to much. I dont know any one with HIV 2. Its very rare and mainly confined to to west africa and in certain locations. That said your tests have indicated you dont have HIV, so anything that your concerned about are not going to be associated with HIV. HIV tests are very reliable and in the medical industry they are probably the most reliable of tests you can take.

Reply Reply