It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2013, 04:31 AM   #1
(male)

rameez7777 HB User
Exposer with HIV +ve female... kindly help...

I m Male frm India,I had a risky encounter almost 8 months ago with a female strongly doubt to be HIV +ve. Around 6 weeks after my exposure i had almost all the ARS symtoms ,On & off Rashes on the upper trunk of the body,swollen lymph nodes under armpit,mouth ulcer,diarhhea,low grade fever etc.. I took an Elisa HIV 1 & 2 test(2nd generation) at 84 days post exposure, RESULT-NON REACTIVE..also i took Western Blot Test at 98 days post exposer..Result-Non Reactive... and now its almost 8 months but since last few days i have developed Swollen Lymph nodes on the Neck,Armpit and Groin Area...So again
I'm very worry about HIV. I'm conscious about my negative result at 3 months, but I can't find anything else to relate my nodes to than HIV. It would be just to much of a coincidence to have this right now after a risky sex encounter.
Kindly someone suggest ? Is my 3 months test is still conclusive regardless of swollen lymph nodes.....or i require further testing.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Exposer with HIV +ve female... kindly help...

You dont have hiv, your tests have proved this and what ever is going on with you is not from hiv.

Best advice, stop speculating on your health and visit your doctor to help resolve your health.
Best of luck

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
rameez7777 (04-06-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2013, 04:19 AM   #3
(male)

rameez7777 HB User

Thanks a lot Apollo...May God Bless you and gives you all the happiness of life for helping peoples around the world....

Last question...today i had 4th generation Duo test (combo test).Result-Negative...Thus this 4th generation detect antibodies for Both HIV-1 and HIV-2 and what will be its effectivity at 9 months post exposer as somebody told be that 4th generation detect antigen P-24 and this antigen gets disappear from the blood after certain time ie,between 6-8 weeks when body develop antibodies...so this 4th generation cant give proper result after 8 months...he suggested me for Elisa 3rd generation.........Kindly clarify and suggest one last time...shall i take Elisa 3rd generation for detection of antibodies? ...please help..........God bless you...

Old 04-06-2013, 05:05 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Thank you ram, i hope it does to :-)

Anyway, well as i said in my first post you dont have hiv so any tests from now are all pointless as your status is confirmed but i will comment on the test.

You have mentioned a few details and most of them are correct in regards to the antigen, but the test is valid because it also looks for antibodys, hence the name combo or duo. They are used to find hiv earlier than a 3rd generation but at 3 months and over they are just as good if not better than any other test. They are the latest tests and more accuarate than any antibody test out their.

You certainly dont need to test again, you dont have hiv 100% sure on that.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 04-07-2013, 12:25 AM   #5
(male)

rameez7777 HB User

Thanks a loy....May God Bless You...

Closed Thread