HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   HIV Prevention (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/hiv-prevention/)
-   -   very scared, very ill at the moment (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/hiv-prevention/945429-very-scared-very-ill-moment.html)

alimont 04-05-2013 09:35 PM

very scared, very ill at the moment

I don't exactly know what is going on. I don't know if HIV works this way. In February i received oral sex (unprotected), from a stranger I met at a party. I know very wrong. I am a male and so was he. I am 19 by the way. This was my first sexual experience. I have never done anything else.

2 weeks after I got a cold with a fever It lasted 2 weeks, A week later I got a sore throat it lasted 2 weeks with a fever, and I have been feeling nausea for a while now. For a while now iv been feeling very hot and flushed with a fever. I have been feeling just a plain fever and it scared me. I would understand if I had a cold but I don't. Today I had a fever and had a pounding headache. I felt like fainting. What's going on?

It does not sound like any STD out there. It does sound like HIV.

I am very scared right now I know I made a mistake but I feel like dying right now...

SOTM 04-05-2013 09:56 PM

Re: very scared, very ill at the moment

[QUOTE=alimont;5157849]
It does not sound like any STD out there. It does sound like HIV.
...[/QUOTE]

It sounds like any dime a dozen cold or flu like illness out there. All you need to know is that oral sex is not a risk for HIV. It is also highly unlikely for any other STD from oral sex.

You will not have HIV from this encounter....testing for HIV because of this would be totally unnecessary. If you have not had STD tests recently, you may as well get tested now....but you had ZERO RISK for HIV from what you described above. If you were negative before the BJ, you are negative now.

alimont 04-06-2013 12:49 AM

[QUOTE=SOTM;5157858]It sounds like any dime a dozen cold or flu like illness out there. All you need to know is that oral sex is not a risk for HIV. It is also highly unlikely for any other STD from oral sex.

You will not have HIV from this encounter....testing for HIV because of this would be totally unnecessary. If you have not had STD tests recently, you may as well get tested now....but you had ZERO RISK for HIV from what you described above. If you were negative before the BJ, you are negative now.[/QUOTE]

No this is the only thing iv done. Receive oral. I am a wreck right now. I am running a fever. Why would anyone run a random fever. That is what is terrifying me. Also the dizzyness. What do you think about the fevers? What if he had a throat infection and I didnt notice?

junebugzz 04-06-2013 01:10 AM

your just worrying and scaring yourself. you have no reason at all to be worried if you only had oral. calm down now, you'll get better soon. you've got to quit putting yourself thru this torture of thinking you may have a std...you are 100% Ok..Godbless U

alimont 04-06-2013 01:50 AM

[QUOTE=junebugzz;5157884]your just worrying and scaring yourself. you have no reason at all to be worried if you only had oral. calm down now, you'll get better soon. you've got to quit putting yourself thru this torture of thinking you may have a std...you are 100% Ok..Godbless U[/QUOTE]

I am in shock now. My throat is hurting again and worst of all.. i found a rash in my leg. Its 6 red dots that form a line. Im so scared right now I will have to buy oraquick exam.. :( a rash, fever, headaches, sore throat.. come on now.. these is HIV acute symptoms... :(

joggen 04-06-2013 02:42 AM

Saliva does not transmit HIV. Receiving oral sex is simply not an HIV issue. Any test that you take is going to be negative.