It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
(male)

telecom1987 HB User
Question Accuracy of Elisa Test and Rapid Blood Test at 4 Weeks

I had unprotected anal sex with a man on March 16. On March 20 we found out he was poz. It was just one exposure....

I had done a lot of HIV test since them.

At 4 days

At 16 days

At 24 days

At 30 days

At 31 days

All of them Negative

I have read that accuracy of Elisa at 4 weeks is 90 %... Is this true?

I have experimented since i knew that he was poz nausea, vomit, loss of appetite, feeling unwell like not in my 5 senses.

I know that here we do not discuss symptoms. All i want to know is the meaning of a full STD pannel?. What are the names of STD that i have to look for?

Thanks in advance

Alejandro

Old 04-19-2013, 12:13 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Accuracy of Elisa Test and Rapid Blood Test at 4 Weeks

Hiya. Their is a std forum that can answer that question for you. As for hiv, you have overtested already, so just take a final test at 12 weeks for confirmation.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2013, 04:42 AM   #3
(male)

telecom1987 HB User

Thanks Apollo.

I'm planning doing a six week test. Then a two month test. A two month and a half and a three month test. I'll post my results here .

Hope all negatives

Old 04-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
(male)

telecom1987 HB User

Got Negative at 5 Week 2 Days

Old 04-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecom1987 View Post
Got Negative at 5 Week 2 Days
Thats good news, so really stop testing until 12 weeks.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 05-02-2013, 06:37 AM   #6
(male)

telecom1987 HB User

Got negative at 6 weeks 2 days. Hope a negative after 12 weeks!!

Old 05-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Buddy I really would advise you stop testing at the rate you are doing. You are really over testing. I appreciate you are anxious but your anxiety will reach an all-time high if you get a false positive result. I am guessing you know what this is, but if not please allow me to tell you. Sometimes, because of other medical conditions people who have not got HIV test positive, this is called a false positive.

It happens from time to time, I have seen it happen and I have seen the devastation it causes. It takes time to sort out and is very traumatic. One of the main reasons for these results is because people, who are concerned, over test.

Buddy, relax and test, once more and only once more at 12 weeks. Given your bank of negative results it is very unlikely to be positive.

Kevin.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #8
(male)

telecom1987 HB User

Thanks Kevin,

But i have had symptoms since day 5 after exposure and it was high.
Insertive anal sex with a POZ guy. It was on March 16

Symptoms that i have experienced:

Week 1: Dry mouth, excessive perspiration, thirsty everytyme, loss appetite, nausea, vomiting,weakness.

Week 2: Weakness, loss appetite, blurry vision, geographical tongue.

Week 3: Interrupted Slept, 2 mild sweat nights, Burning sensations, nausea, weakness.

Week 4: Weakness, Interrupted Slept.

Week 5:Weakness, Interrupted Slept.

Week 6:Weakness, Interrupted Slept.

I know that i can't go by symptoms. All i want is be treated a soon as infection is confirmed. Thats why i'm testing every week.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Your symptoms mean absolutely nothing when diagnosing HIV (had they had anything to do with HIV you would have already tested positive) and they will never be commented on, on any HIV board, nor does assuming you have been infected. To date, all your tests are negative.

You are not helping yourself by making assumptions, trying to self-diagnose and over testing. HIV is diagnosed one way and one way only; by an HIV test, you only need two. One at between 4 to 6 weeks and then a confirmation test at 12 weeks.

Buddy you have been advised about over testing, it’s your call. Relax and wait for 12 weeks or continue to test at the rate you have been doing and run the risk of a false positive.

Buddy, regardless of the risk, over testing is never a great idea and given the fact you have convinced yourself you have contracted HIV you are simply adding more and more anxiety to your current situation, a false positive at this point is the last thing you need. To get through his, you really need to stop thinking about HIV 24/7 and testing for it weekly. You need to focus your attention on other things and sit this out. As I have already said, it is now very unlikely you will test positive, after a 6 week negative result, and your confirmation test at 12 weeks will show this.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 05-02-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #10
(male)

telecom1987 HB User

Hey Kev. Got Neg at 7 Weeks 2 Days

Closed Thread