It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
(male)

krd3e HB User
hiv scared

i had vaginal intercourse about 3 weeks ago and starting about the 8th day i got a canker sore then developed chronic dry mouth which turned into thrush. now i have strep throat. I tested negative at 2 weeks which i know is too early. does this sound like hiv? The girl tested negative right after i did but i dont know who she has been with weeks prior to me. IM REALLY SCARED!! someone please help!!!

Old 04-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: hiv scared

Im guessing you had unprotected sex?

HIV cannot be diagnosed via symptoms, only testing.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2013, 05:07 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User

Hiya,

Assuming you had unprotected Vaginal Sex which is a risky encounter so you need to test at appropriate times to know your status which is 3 months Test which should tell you your status which will be most probably negative.

Mate symptoms cannot diagnose HIV but a test will.
So get tested. Good luck

Old 04-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #4
(male)

krd3e HB User

I know thats why i got tested at two weeks even though i know that's far too Early. it at least gave me a little reassurance. The anxiety is absolutely killing me. I'm a college student and i havent gone to any of my classes this past week because i cant get it off my mind. its become an obsession. it would be different if i just got strep throat. ive gotten that before so it wouldnt worry me but ive had this chronic dry mouth for a week that will not go away which is a sign of ARS and also Thrush which is rare with someone who has never had problems of any sort. Like what are the odds of having all three of these things at the same time 2 weeks prior to my exposure. How accurate would an Oraquck rapid test be at 3 weeks post exposure? Also do you think that this EXTREME Anxiety and stress would be contributing to some of these symptoms?

Old 04-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

A dry mouth is NOT a sign of ars at all, its a dry mouth probley due to your stress levels.

Their is no point testing this early, just wait for 6 weeks.

Your making more out of this that needs to be. She tested negative, which of course she could be in a window period but very unlikley. Her having hiv is less than 1%, getting hiv from a one time exposure is less than 1%.

So just take your tests at the right time and relax.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 04-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #6
(male)

krd3e HB User

Why would i develop thrush? Im 20 years old, im not on any medication and havent made any changes to my diet what so ever. then all of of sudden i develop strep throat. All within a week. And my dry mouth isnt any ordinary dry mouth. there is absolutely no saliva being produced no matter how much liquid i drink. This started a week ago and is still here. The only food i can eat is soup and things of that sort because of my dry mouth. im sure the thrush and strep isnt helping either. ive done a lot of research and the only thing it points to it is ARS.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Thrush is not a symptom of a primary HIV infection. People who have had long term HIV infections (years) are more prone to outbreaks of thrush. Thrush does not in any way indict the presence of a primary HIV infection. Many people have outbreaks of thrush, many do not have HIV. Even if you have thrush, which given the fact you have not even been diagnosed with it, does NOT indict you have been infected with HIV.

You should take the advice on offer, stop goggling HIV, and stop trying to self-diagnose, stop with the obsessing and relax. HIV is never and I mean never self-diagnosed and it certainly is not diagnosed by constantly jumping from one web site to another.

If you belief you may have been exposed to an HIV infection, the only way and I really do mean the only to determine your HIV status is by having an HIV test at the appropriate time.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 04-21-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #8
(male)

krd3e HB User

It has been diagnosed as thrush by my doctor. and i have read from multiple sources that roughly 12 percent of people develop thrush during ARS along with the inability to produce saliva. And now having strep throat it seems almost certain that i have it!!! its a terrible feeling. i havent been able to eat or sleep for days on end.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Regardless of what you nonsense you have read online, thrush is NOT a symptom of primary HIV infection. HIV is a viral infection and it does not bring about a thrush infection in the primary stages.

HIV does not work this way, it does not compromise the immune system in the early stages and it certainly does not provoke thrush which is a yeast infection. A primary HIV infection does not bring about thrush, period.

Neither sleeping nor eating will continue far more to a yeast infection.

Having a terrible feeling does not mean you have HIV, it means you have thrush, which I actually doubt to be honest.

Buddy drop the "I have thrush , therefore I must HIV ", it really does not work this way

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 04-21-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #10
(male)

krd3e HB User

Thanks you. Your post kinda helps me feel better. I've been to 3 different doctors about it. The first said it looks like a mild yeast infection and gave me some pills for it that did not work. Second one said it wasnt but he had no idea what it was. My tongue has a white coating on it.( trust me I drink a lot of water so its not dehydration) Then the third said it looked like thrush and did a culture on it which I'm awaiting results. I'm just really confused. about it. Also, do you know if strep throat has any correlation to ARS? Its just weird to me that all of this happed just 8 days after my exposure to a high risk partner

Last edited by krd3e; 04-21-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

nothing you have said has any direct correlation to HIV.
i have HIV and i have never had thrush in my life.
how you can make a direct connection to HIV
with having thrush is hard for me to comprehend/understand??

the most important thing you stated was the girl tested negative
i would not call her a high risk
odds are you will test out the same.
good luck

Old 04-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #12
(male)

krd3e HB User

Okay let me explain, First of all when I said i had chronic dry mouth I dont mean for a few hours. I mean for a week in which i was not salivating at all "xerostomia" which is said to be a sign of ARS. Secondly, thrush which was said to be seen in approximately 12% of people going through ARS. Then all of a sudden i develop strep throat. All within in the 2-4 week window period.This is just based on my research on the internet which is notorious for giving false/misleading information Also, by high risk I mean this girl sleeps with everybody. The stress in unbearable.

Last edited by krd3e; 04-22-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #13
Facilitator
(male)

Okay let me explain. We will not get invloved with symptom speculation on this forum as we have said before. It cannot confirm your status it can only create confusion and concern as it has in your case.

Testing, well 6 weeks with an antibody test will be a very good indication of your status and 3 months for final confirmation. A test at 3 week with the oraquick is just pointless, if anything 4 weeks min.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #14
(male)

krd3e HB User

Okay so it has been a few weeks and after developing many more symptoms " sore muscles, joint pain, nausea, etc." I decided to get a PCR test about 10 days ago. Unfortunately, I haven't received my results yet because from what I've been told is that the workers at quest diagnostics froze my blood when they were not suppose to which rendered it useless for the test. The guy told me that they were going to run a different test for me which is a more expensive one that the frozen blood could be used for at no extra cost. Im just kind of confused about what tests they are running. I did end up developing a rash on my back. The doctor said it was a sandpaper rash. Im not entirely sure if this rash is ARS related. I also had faint blotchy red spots all over my chest. One thing i was really curious about was the night sweats. I've had these for a few days. I wasn't drenched like some people talk about but they were definitely there. I've heard that night sweats are due to a fever breaking out but I checked my temperature at that time and it was normal. Can night sweats occur in ARS without a fever? Also, I was wrong about the thrush. Go figure. Two doctors did actually diagnose me as having it and prescribed me medicine for it which did not work because it wasnt thrush. The culture came back negative. I guess it was just due to the extreme dry mouth that I had for over a week. It could be a few more days before I get my results back so I decided to come on here and vent a little.

Reply Reply