It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
(male)

arty4 HB User
irrationally afraid?

So I went to lunch with a friend of a friend, he has hiv (but apparently a low count?) and we had appetizers that we were sharing and as it was interesting ethnic cuisine we were all sharing our dishes and such. This I was completely comfortable with because you cannot contract hiv by saliva and such. I had bites of his food, he handled my sort of taco dish with his hands (though the lower part was wrapped in foil so I don't know if he touched the part I ate on either his food or mine)

That said, and this may sound paranoid or not, but he had what appeared to be a blood blister or on one fingertip, and a small scabbed cut another fingertip. Should I be worried about the chance of infection? There was no running blood but I'm still a bit anxious

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: irrationally afraid?

HIV once exposed to air or other liquids becomes inactive, so you would not be at risk even if their was any blood which I would not expect so.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: irrationally afraid?

unless you are sharing iv drug needles or having
unprotected sex (not oral)
you should have absolutly no HIV concerns...

Closed Thread