It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2013, 12:27 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

dchallenge2013 HB User
HIV True Risk--Precum, Oral, Anal

First and foremost, I want to thank whoever is reading this for helping me, and many others, understand the true risks of HIV.

I had my first ever encounter with a man I met online on May 5. He took me to his apartment and we mutually gave each other oral sex for about two minutes. After that, we went to the shower to "clean up." During the shower, we exchanged oral sex for another five minutes, more or less.

After the shower, we decided to have sex. In his room, he got a condom (wrapped, unused) and lube. He put on the condom and lubed it and began. I always made sure the condom did not come off. Since his penis was not so big, he did not take the entire space of the condom, therefore there was some loose "condom" in the front (so the condom was lubed and it was not stretched since the penis did not take the entire space) He penetrated for about five minutes, then he took off the condom and switched it with a new one--we did this to not wear out the first one.

He did not come because I got nervous and told him to stop way before he "******." It was also obvious because he wanted to continue, but I did not let him. After the sex, I went to the bathroom and filled both condoms with water to see if there were any breaks or leakages. I did not see anything, but my mind is playing tricks on me and now I'm doubting myself and convincing myself that I missed something.

I was never exposed to full-ejaculate.

My Questions/Concerns:

-Generally speaking, what is my risk of acquiring HIV from this incident?
-What if some pre-*** got on the outside of the condom while he was putting it on along with lube?
-He also used his saliva as extra lubrication here and there on the outside of my anus.
-For the oral sex, I brushed my teeth an hour before I performed it. Plus, I have always had
enlarged tonsils due to an infection when I was a child.
-A couple of days later, I got a canker sore (I get those a lot) and I had some tonsil stones.

In conclusion, I was never exposed to full-ejaculate. I had unprotected oral sex, but protected anal sex.

Please Help! I would greatly appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2013, 01:30 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: HIV True Risk--Precum, Oral, Anal

Oral sex is not a risk of hiv and nothing else in your post was near a concern of hiv. Hiv is passed on via unprotected sex, its a simple as that.

You seem very paranoid about sex, so you may want to address these issues and concerns.

Best of luck.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Last edited by ModHB007; 05-20-2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: incorrect quote

Old 05-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

dchallenge2013 HB User

QUOTE=Apollo123;5177134]Oral sex is not a risk of hiv and nothing else in your post was near a concern of hiv. Hiv is passed on via unprotected sex, its a simple as that.

You seem very paranoid about sex, so you may want to address these issues and concerns.

Best of luck.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the reassurance. I don't want to bombard you, but I have one more concern. Like I mentioned before, the condom may have been a bit big for the guy, given that there was loose condom "skin" in the front, if precum slipped through the back of the condom, what is the risk?

We changed positions a lot, so I fear that the precum spilled through the back and somehow made it on the outside during the sex and inside my rectum.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Hiya. You said he never came, so thats not a concern and pre come would not generate enough fluids to spill not to mention you said yourself you changed condoms. That sais, this situation that your concerned about just wouldnt hapoen and all the evidence proves it didnt and couldnt.

Hope that helps.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Last edited by ModHB007; 05-20-2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: incorrect quote

Old 05-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

dchallenge2013 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Hiya. You said he never came, so thats not a concern and pre come would not generate enough fluids to spill not to mention you said yourself you changed condoms. That sais, this situation that your concerned about just wouldnt hapoen and all the evidence proves it didnt and couldnt.

Hope that helps.
Your encouraging words are truly saving a life. Thank you so much for your dedication and patience to educate people.

I do have to admit, however, it is hard not to overthink the situation. For instance, I am now thinking what if the tip of his penis (which must've had some pre-***) touched the outside of my anus? Would those scenarios also pose a high risk?

Given all of my situations:
-Protected/Lubed Anal
-loose condom in the front due to his penis size (therefore not stretched)
-Unprotected Oral (Only pre-***, did not even taste it and swollen tonsils; canker sore two days later.)
- Possibly tip of penis touched outside of anus (no penetration)
- Used spit as lubrication. No visible blood.
- Did not come in contact with full-ejaculate

I am getting tested at the four week mark just for peace of mind, but would you suggest testing, otherwise.

Thanks and God bless.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchallenge2013 View Post
Your encouraging words are truly saving a life. Thank you so much for your dedication and patience to educate people.

I do have to admit, however, it is hard not to overthink the situation. For instance, I am now thinking what if the tip of his penis (which must've had some pre-***) touched the outside of my anus? Would those scenarios also pose a high risk?

It would not be a risk as HIV becomes inactive outside the body, or exposed to air or liquids.

Given all of my situations:
-Protected/Lubed Anal
-loose condom in the front due to his penis size (therefore not stretched)
-Unprotected Oral (Only pre-***, did not even taste it and swollen tonsils; canker sore two days later.)
- Possibly tip of penis touched outside of anus (no penetration)
- Used spit as lubrication. No visible blood.
- Did not come in contact with full-ejaculate

I am getting tested at the four week mark just for peace of mind, but would you suggest testing, otherwise.

I wouldn't test at all, but if you need peace of mind then do so, but it only prolongs your worry imo. I think you mind is making things up, which is evident in this thread. Really I would calm down and accept you had no risk, but that's me not you

Thanks and God bless.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

dchallenge2013 HB User

Please help! I was feeling much better after you let me know that oral sex poses no risk. I was looking inside mouth today and discovered a collection of small bumps behind my tongue. I've had them for as long as I can remember, but they didn't cross my mind until today. They're common, I believe because I've seen them in my relatives. There's like five small ones and one large one. You Cannot see it unless I stick my
Tongue all the way out. They're wart like growths. Could that have increased my risk? I also have a scar on my cheek gums from a severe bite I conflicted on myself a couple of months ago. It looks healed, but kind of open and visible.

Please Help! Did my risk increase?'

Last edited by dchallenge2013; 05-21-2013 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Previous quote did not properly quote

Old 05-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

dchallenge2013 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Oral sex is not a risk of hiv and nothing else in your post was near a concern of hiv. Hiv is passed on via unprotected sex, its a simple as that.

Best of luck.
In addition to my last post, I did some research and those "bumps" behind my tongue may be Circumvallate papillae, I am not sure, however. They are dome shaped and are the same color as the tongue. They are just raised. Do they pose a risk? And what about that something-month old scar from a severe bite I inflicted myself? Please help.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:19 AM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

They are normal and everyone has them. Oral sex is not a risk of HIV and that have been proved over 30 years in study with couples where one partner has HIV the other negative. In all studies their was not one case of transmission via oral sex.

Closed Thread

Tags
anal, hiv, precum, risk