It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
(male)

Mookiem123 HB User
Peace of mind question

I am seeking knowledge and hopefully a peace of mind. I dated a girl for over 2 years and we recently broke up. I decided to get tested just as a clean slate. I was negative on the oraquick and rapid HIV blood test.

My only concern is that I got the rapid test 24 days after the last time I had oral sex with her, which I know is technically not the window period range right? The last time we had protected sex was over 2 months ago.

Basically do I have any reason to worry or get re-tested? If she had HIV
I would have already got it in the past two years correct? I'm mainly concerned about
the oral 24 days ago but we had done that many times before.

I know this may sound silly or stupid to some or others may suggest another
Test just wanted everyone's thoughts. Thanks so much.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Peace of mind question

The oral sex is not a concern. It seems unlikley she would have hiv all that time and not pass it on. If you want to be 100% sure a 12 week test will confirm this but a 8 week test is more or less conclusive.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #3
(male)

Mookiem123 HB User

Apollo

Thank you for the reply I feel much better. Just a few questions if you don't mind?

1. Is oral sex (both ways) not a scenario because we did this numerous times in two years and I would have contracted it? Or is it simply because oral sex is not a way to pass or contract HIV?

2. How accurate is my 8 week test? My doc didn't tell me which one it was but he told me the results within an hour so I'm assuming it was the rapid.

3. In your mind can do I need a 12 week test or I'm good to go?

Thanks again

Old 07-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
(male)

Mookiem123 HB User

Thanks for the response but what does "no suggestion" mean? No suggestion to what or about what?

Old 07-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookiem123 View Post
Apollo

Thank you for the reply I feel much better. Just a few questions if you don't mind?

1. Is oral sex (both ways) not a scenario because we did this numerous times in two years and I would have contracted it? Or is it simply because oral sex is not a way to pass or contract HIV?

2. How accurate is my 8 week test? My doc didn't tell me which one it was but he told me the results within an hour so I'm assuming it was the rapid.

3. In your mind can do I need a 12 week test or I'm good to go?

Thanks again
1. Oral sex is not a risk as saliva has over a dozen emzymes and proteins that makes the virus inactive.

2. 100%, you never had a risk.

3. No more testing is required.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Reply Reply