It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2005, 02:42 PM   #1

robcaryh HB User
Too much epinephrine-causes?

Hi all,
I believe I may have an endocrine problem. I am seeing my doc tomorrow but want to try and get some more info before going.

I have all the symptoms of too much epinephrine-high heart rate,palpitations all the time,irritability,not sleeping,increased appetite,increased blood pressure,not being able to relax,intolerance to heat and sweating. I try to relax,will lay down and my heart is pounding and I have that roller coaster drop feeling.

I have been to psych docs and have had anythign psych related ruled out. They tried me on paxil,effecor,trileptal,topamax,depakote ,xanax,klonopin. They all thought it was something like anxiety,stress,depression and even bipolar. None of the meds helped to relax me,no matter the dose of xanax or valium,I was still having a racing heart and not able to relax.

Is there anything that can cause this other than a pheochromocytoma? Can your body just make too much adrenaline?

I think this would be something that a beta blocker would help and that is what I plan to ask for.

Old 09-08-2005, 03:34 AM   #2
(female)

sorrel2 HB User
Re: Too much epinephrine-causes?

Quote:
Is there anything that can cause this other than a pheochromocytoma?
Yes, it sounds a lot like hyperthyroidism. Have you been tested for that? It's a lot more common than pheochromocytoma.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2005, 01:49 PM   #3
(female)

venus1974 HB User

I am currently under the care of an endocrinologist for hormone issues. I have all the same symptoms that do-i'm on 4 blood pressure meds. My doc figured out something was wrong because my 24 hour urine test came back abnormal. I was then sent for a CT scan of my adrenal glands, which came back showing a growth on my left adrenal gland-now the plan is to have MORE blood drawn and an MRI of my adrenal gland, and if those 2 things come back abnormal, then i have to have the gland taken out .

If i were you, and i had questions about hormones and adrenaline and such, talk with your doc and express your concerns-keep pushing until you get an answer! (this was my 5th doctor, and he finally was the one to listen). Good luck to you.

Old 11-12-2005, 02:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

I too was going to say hyperthyroidism sounds like you got some of my symptoms! My body was constantly on the go to and l couldnt handle any heat are you loosing weight without trying? Maybe a bigger appetite? good luck

Closed Thread