It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hormone Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2006, 12:08 PM   #1
(female)

txbsa HB User
using prometrium to stop prolonged bleeding

I am 35 and have had problems with my periods since I was 30. One day they just stopped for about 8 month and then when I had one it was terrible and lasted for weeks. I have been to my obgyn and had extensive test run with no answer as to what my problem is. The only answer I get is that my ovaries may have stopped working so to speak. The last bout I had with a bad period was almost two years ago and I have had a normal cycle since then until a couple of weeks ago. I was late for my January period, no chance of being pregnant was not having sex. However the first time I did have sex with my new boyfriend was the 31st and about 5 hours after my period hit and it was so bad I couldn't leave the house. It slowed down pretty quick and by the next day it was just a normal heavy flow. I have been having a four day period for the last two years so when this one went over 8 days I called my obgyn to see if they could give me something to stop it. I also told them I have been on a diet and have lost 15 lbs in two weeks. They called in Prometrium. The first day within hours it almost stopped but then later on the second day it has come back again with no signs of slowing down. Does promtrium stop bleeding? Or does it induce it? I've been doing a lot of research and can't get any clear answers. I'm so tired of going thru this year after year and not to mention the embarrasment of a new relationship and not being able to have sex or explain why. Can someone please help me? Should I stop taking it and see what happens or continue?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread